Clubs from the Mega Lottery were present to receive their cheques from the 2013 Mega Lottery.
Donna Greenway inducted into Rotary.
Please note the following dates:
- Thursday, October 24, 2013 - Presentation with North Peace Justice Society
- Saturday, October 26, 2013 - Guess Who's coming to Dinner?
- Thursday, October 31, 2013 - Halloween lunch meeting ~~ Bring your spouse~~
- Thursday, November 7, 2013 - Business lunch meeting - President-Elect Michael Elphinstone will be chairing the meeting!
- Thursday, November 14, 2013 - Rotary Day lunch meeting - AT THE FSJ FIELDHOUSE (formerly Kids Arena)
- Friday, November 22, 2013 - Christmas party at the Lido
- Thursday, November 28, 2013 - Business lunch meeting
- Thursday, December 5, 2013 - Rotary Community Mega Lottery Early Bird Draw 1!
Please join me for a dinner meeting, with our spouses, on Wednesday, August 7, at 6pm, to welcome District Governor Betty Screpnek, and her spouse, George, to Fort St. John. We will be joined by the Sunrise Rotary Club that evening. This dinner meeting is taking place at the Quality Inn Northern Grand, and will replace our normal Thursday noon meeting.
The Executive Committee will be meeting with DG Screpnek earlier that day, to provide insight on our Club's successes and challenges, as well as the goals and opportunities we have for our local, national, and international service.
I look forward to seeing you on Wednesday evening!
His official reply.
All dandy. Please count Jan and I in!!
Kevin D. Hilgers
It appears it is time for great celebration - our club has achieved its 50th anniversay. We need you to take a minute and register on clubrunner for the event or send me a quick email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 27th 4:00 - 5:30 we will be raising and dedicating a flag out at the Ross H. MacLean Park and will be endulging in chamgagne & appetizers. The formal part of our evening will take place at the Northern Grande and start at 6:30.
If you would like to take your camper.tent.motorhome out to the park please reserve a site by calling 250-785-1700.
Join the Rotary Club of Fort St. John on Sunday May 12, 2013 as we celebrate Mother's Day as a community. Take part in our 5k Run and Walk!
Today we had some food for thought from Bruce Christensen about attending a Regional Conference and the value it brings to a Rotarian.
We also had Moira Green touch on the Guess Who Coming to Dinner Event (at my house it's me and my cat)
Mr Ric Hamre also put out to the club the need for host families for our inbound student ambassadors, so if you can put your name in fellow Rotarians.
Until next time
Take care my friends
We all bid Gerry Gorek a fond farewell from our FSJ Rotarian ranks, you will be missed dearly (and keep in touch :)).
We also congratulate President Elect Julie Ziebart on her Paul Harris Fellowship (is there anything this person can't do?). Good job Julie!