Our guest speaker on March 22 was Mark Hall. Mark is Executive Director, Blatchford Redevelopment.
Mark talked about the history, origins and progress of the Blatchford Development on the old City Centre airport site.
The development was started by Edmonton city Council when the City Centre airport was closed and it’s operations were transferred to the International Airport. Council’s goal was to develop a sustainable community. To that end the design has been centered around making the development carbon neutral, and not car centered.
Mark expects construction on the first phase to begin this spring.
This is a very interesting and forwarding thinking project.
For more information please visit their website.
- President ken reminded us that there will not be a breakfast meeting next week instead our Club Assembly will be held that evening as a dinner meeting. Please let Dave Winfield know if you will be attending so that he can order meals.
- The Club will be holding a fireside in the third week of May. Stay tuned for more information;
- Tickets for the Winemaker Dinner on are available on line. Please order your tickets and you’re your friends. https://portal.clubrunner.ca/449. Tickets are going fast. Get yours soon!
- We are looking for two corporate sponsors to sponsor a “Prestige Room” at this year’s Robust Reds Event. If you know of a company that would be interested in participating please forward the information to Kylie;
- The Robust Reds committee is looking for gift cards for the balloon fundraiser at the Winemaker dinner;
- Steve is looking for nominations for the Integrity award. The dinner will be held this year at the DoubleTree by Hilton on May 3rd .
- Elisabeth Bonkink has invited us to attend two Edmonton Community Foundation events ;