Club Projects

Subpages
Related Pages
Links
Files
Photo Albums

Historically, San Juan Rotary has contributed to many great projects in  the Four Corners area and international projects.  Some of our local projects are:

Connie Mack World Series Team Sponsors- Committee Chair: Rick Quevedo

Each year San Juan Rotary sponsors one of the seven Connie Mack Baseball teams from the different league divisions in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. These young men (16-18 years) travel to Farmington where local host families adopt them for the week. Our job is to make these boys feel at home! Each year our club decorates a float to promote our sponsored team for the annual Connie Mack parade. We provide a barbeque for the players and the host families to show appreciation to them for their dedication to this annual event.

Healing Field- Committee Chair: Gary Risley

The Field of Honor is a spectacular event that  displays of hundreds of U.S. flags to honor of heroes and their loved ones. Our first display was held July 3-8, 2012.  This display is held each Memorial Day Weekend. For more information, find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/nmhealingfield.

Adopt-a-Highway: Our club sponsors one mile of highway located North of Farmington.  Bi-annual clean-ups are a tradition.

One School, One Book: This is a reading program that encourages elementary age students to read.  Bikes are purchased by our club and given to the winners at the end of the competition.

Committee Chairs: Melissa Meechan and Doug Dykestra

Bi-Fly Fishing TournamentThis is event is held annually at our San Juan River. Committee Chair: Jim Baker

Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) sponsorship: is a leadership development program run by Rotary. While participants can be any age, most events focus on secondary school students, university students, or young professionals. RYLA events are typically 3–10 days long and include presentations, activities, and workshops that cover a variety of topics, including:  Leadership fundamentals and ethic, Communication skills, Problem solving and conflict management, and Community and global citizenship.

Sycamore Annual Turkey Dinner:  This is a Thanksgiving dinner provided to individuals that are homeless or struggling financially during the holiday season.

Navajo Prep scholarship: This is funds given to assist a student at our local Navajo Prep School

Blue Star Mothers: Our club assists in finding items needed to send overseas to our soldiers in foreign countries.

Angel Tree:  This is a project that our club participates in during the Christmas season in collaboration with the Salvation Army.  Committee Chair:  Cathy Simon 

Our club also sponsors a student for the Rotary International Exchange program.  These students demonstrate leadership qualities that will enable them to become excellent cultural ambassadors for their country and the Rotary club. Committee Chair:  Matthew Symonds

Guatemala Water Project:  Deborah Simons is a member of  For more information, email info@unitedbyfriendship.org, go towww.unitedbyfriendship.org or call 753-5841.  The project is supervised by the nonprofit Water for People, as well as the Rotary Club in Guatemala.   http://www.santafenewmexican.com/life/features/espa-ola-woman-s-community-water-projects-are-saving-lives/article_f1142b69-70b0-5411-aad6-c848b1b4a13a.html

PLEASE SUPPORT US!

Our great works cannot be done without participation and financial support. If you are interested in assisting with any Rotary project, please contact us. If you can contribute financially, please use the link below to make a donation via PayPal.

Please click the PAYPAL icon below to make a donation and support any or all of our great projects! All donations are taxable.