Board Meeting Minutes from

May 17, 2018

Present:

 

Richard Stockton, Johnny Mansell, Rick Leonhardt, Brenda Roccucci, Wes Sanders, Pete Hochrien, Mike Summerfield, Doug Ely, Bob Edwards, Ray Lewis

Absent:

John Breaux, Kory Felker, John DeSelle, Sarah Richards, Karen Kleven

 

 

Next meeting:

June 28, 2018 @ 4pm at Plumas Bank-Lindan Avenue, upstairs board room

  1. Secretary Report – Mike Summerfield

Attendance Report, we are doing great averaging about 80% in attendance each week, fines are doing very well right where we should be.  Mike will not be at Monday’s meeting and asked Brenda if she would complete attendance and fine, she agreed.

  1. Treasure Report – John Breaux

No report, John was absent, we did however discuss updating the signers on the Checking account; Brenda said that she would review to see who is currently a signer and be sure to change it to President, President Elect and Secretary.

  1. Membership Report – Rick Leonhardt

President Elect Rick discussed his new board members and introduced Doug Ely as his replacement as the membership chair, Wes Sanders as Community Service and a discussion was held that the upcoming PE needs to be a part of the board, Rick will ask Karen Kleven if she will take on Club Service.  Secretary, Treasurer, Youth Services, Foundation, Public Relations remain the same for next year.  Discussed potential new members Daniel Lovato USFS, Carson Wingfield and Melodie Bennett whom Brenda is hoping will join her as a Co-Chair to Youth Services.

  1. Community Service – Kory Felker

No report, Kory was absent, Wes Sanders will be taking over for Kory in July, we did discuss the possibility of a work project at the Sierra House to assist in tearing down a room.

  1. Youth Services – Brenda Roccucci

QHS Sober Grad 2018 approached the club for a $500 donation, Brenda made mention of how important this program is to our youth and after putting on Sober Grad herself, how important these donations are.  Brenda made a motion to approve the $500 donation, Mike Summerfield seconded it and the board approved; Brenda and Mike Flanigan have been working on the scholarship applications and Brenda announced who the recipients will be at awards night on 6/7/18 – Mike Flanigan will be making these presentation at QHS, for the 3 $750 scholarships and 1 for FRC for $3,000, ($1,500 each year for two years).  Johnny is working on the District Scholarship that Miles Cunan has applied for.  RYLA and REGL sign ups have been going very slow and need to be completed prior to school being out.  Brenda is working with QHS to get the students registered for both camps.

  1. Rotary Foundation – John DeSelle

No report, John was absent, we did discuss that John is getting very close to finalizing the details for a new Kiosk at the summit of Bucks Lake for the Wilbur Vaughn donation.  In addition, we approved that the club will be donating $750 to the Kellerman Africa project.  We discussed the budgeted donation of $500 to Cathy Fitzgerald and her Africa project; Brenda made a motion to increase this donation to $750, this was seconded by Mike Summerfield and board approved, we will present this check to Cathy at the June 4th meeting when she gives us an updated on her work.

  1. Public Relations – Sarah Richards

No report, Sarah was absent

  1. Club Service – Doug Prouty

No report, Doug was absent, we did discuss the need to research and purchase a new projector, Richard asked Johnny to research the costs involved.  In addition, we discussed a social/business mixer at West End Theatre for Quintopia, Johnny was going to make contact for this.

Other Matters:

Discussed purchasing a plant from Gray’s prior to social events at new businesses, the board approved spending $35 for each plant and Brenda offered to take this on, but asked that enough notice of an event be given to ensure being able to order it.

The board discussed areas that we could use the $5,000 donation from Captain Carl, after discussing several options, Johnny made a motion to add this money to Rick Leonhardt’s Presidential project of updating the 4H Pig Barn and Beef Barns.  Brenda seconded this motion and the board approved.  Rick is in the process of obtaining a grant and monies from the other clubs in the Plumas Sierra communities to add to this very large and well needed project.  This is a great joint venture with the other clubs since all clubs have children that participate in 4H; we will be working with the fairgrounds, a local contractor and electrician to complete this project.  There will be some sort of plaque/bench etc. identifying all those who donated to complete this project.

Pete thanked Wes and Brenda for their donations to the Area 2 Raffle Basket for District on May 18th.

Richard reminded that he still needs information on what Rotary does for our trifold brochures, Brenda turned in hers for Youth, we still need the information for Membership, Community Service, Foundation and Club Service.

Lastly, we discussed the planting of 48 local trees, as requested by Rotary International, Richard has the cost from Gray’s Flower Garden and will be looking for ideas on where/when to plant trees.

Meeting adjourned 5:03pm

Minutes submitted by:

Brenda Roccucci