Posted by Bob Straw on Oct 28, 2018

Students of the Month, October 2018

York Suburban High School’s Junior Student for October is Rachel Ludwick whose parents are Craig and Katherine Ludwick. Rachel is a member of the National English Honors Society and enjoys reading books to younger students at the elementary level. She is also a Board Member of the Impact Foundation at Suburban. This is a “students helping students” organization which supports students and their families in the York Suburban School District that struggle to afford basic necessities and deal with food insecurity. Rachel has been on the Distinguished Honor Roll every marking period last year. She was ranked in the top 5% of her sophomore class.
Left: Rachel Ludwick, Zoe Hornberger, Bob Straw
York Suburban High School Senior for October is Zoe Hornberger whose parents are Melissa Horn and Robert HornbergerZoe’s school achievements are; Student Council Vice President, involvement with Impact Foundation, Mini-Thon, Volunteer Club, Cross Country, Track and Field, and Science Olympiad. She has been elected to the PA State Mini-Thon Committee for her leadership and organization. She is a member of the National Honor Society, National English Honor Society, Spanish Honor society, and the Varsity Club for her Varsity Letter in Track and Field. Out of school she helps as a Heavenly Paws Cat shelter volunteer, and volunteers at Pleasant Acres Nursing Home. Zoe plans to study Orthopedic Sports Medicine at Johns Hopkins University focused on Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome which is a group of genetic connective tissue disorders. Zoe suffers with this . Her minor at Hopkins will be Spanish. She plans to do non-profit medicine in South America in the future.