OUTBOUND HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS 2018

ASSIGNMENT #1 - DUE FEBRUARY 17, 2018

Culture gram essay.  Go to online.culturegrams.com, Log in – riuth, Password – csrye17.  Go to the above website and read about your assigned country.  Write a short paper about the country outlining something unique you have learned.  Also comment on areas you feel you will need to concentrate on in adjusting to the new culture.  Please e-mail or share (Google Docs) the paper to annoberle@gmail.com and toni.pabon@charter.net  by February 17, 2018.

ASSIGNMENT #2 - DUE BY MARCH 17, 2018

Search out the Youth Exchange Officer or Youth Exchange Counselor from your Sponsor Rotary Club.  Ask them what they expect from their Inbound Student.  What are the rules, etc.?  Review the Rules and Conditions of Exchange that you filled out as part of your Application.  Please do a short paper on what your Rotary Club expects from their Inbound Students.  Please e-mail or share (Google Docs) the paper to annoberle@gmail.com and toni.pabon@charter.net by March 17, 2018. 

ASSIGNMENT #3 - DUE BY APRIL 17, 2018  May 15, 2018

Read “The Exchange Student Survival Kit” book handed out during the District Orientation.  What ideas or tips did you acquire from reading the book that you feel will help you during your exchange.  Please e-mail or share (Google Docs) the paper to annoberle@gmail.com and toni.pabon@charter.net by May 15, 2018.

ASSIGNMENT #4 - DUE BY MAY 1, 2018

When you are in your host Country, you may be required to give a presentation on your Country and home town.  We ask that you schedule a date with your Sponsor Rotary Club to do your presentation.  Seek the Rotary Club’s feedback on anything that may need to be expanded or added to your presentation.  We would like your Youth Exchange Officer to send us a short e-mail regarding your presentation.  We also ask that you send us an e-mail regarding any feedback you received from your Sponsor Rotary Club regarding your presentation.  This assignment must have an e-mail submitted from both the student and the Youth Exchange Officer to be complete.  Submit the e-mails to annoberle@gmail.com and toni.pabon@charter.net by May 1, 2018.

ASSIGNMENT #5 - DUE BY JUNE 1, 2018

Your attendance at District 6250’s District Conference is mandatory.  You will want to attend as many presentations as possible to learn about Rotary.  Do a short paper on what you have learned about Rotary.  Please e-mail or share (Google Docs) the paper to annoberle@gmail.com and toni.pabon@charter.net by June 1, 2018.

ASSIGNMENT #6 - DUE BY JULY 1, 2018

During the District Orientation you were given handouts regarding learning your target language.  Your assignment will be to prepare a thorough introduction for yourself in your target language.  There are also some common phrases that you will need to translate and submit.  Please e-mail or share (Google Docs) the paper to annoberle@gmail.com and toni.pabon@charter.net by July 1, 2016.

Helpful website:  Central States Youth Exchange.  www.csrye.org.  

Failure to submit the above assignments on time may jeopardize your exchange.