District 7120 District Governor 2019-2020 Nominating Procedure
A candidate should NOT contact any member of the Nominating Committee*, as this would be construed to be electioneering which is forbidden. If any Prospective Candidate has any questions they should contact the District Governor Elect or District Governor Nominee.
Important information for the Candidate:
Per District 7120 “Policies and Procedures”, pgs. 3-4, and RI “2016 Manual of Procedure”, pgs. 70-71, a Nominee for District Governor must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Must have served a full term as a Club President and been a Rotarian for seven years;
- Must be physically fit and able to withstand at least two rigorous years;
- Must be willing to devote the required time and be able to perform as hereinafter set forth;
- Should have at least one year working at the District Level in a leadership position;
- Should have a good working knowledge of Rotary;
- Must not be a member of the sitting Nominating Committee;
- Must have the support of his/her club.
The Candidate must complete an application for consideration as District Governor.
- The application must be signed by the Candidate and the Secretary of the Rotarian’s Club.
- The application must be returned to the Chair of the District Nominating Committee by the date on the application.
After receipt of a complete application, the chair of the District Nominating Committee will contact the Candidate to schedule a personal interview.
- Interviews will be held in Canandaigua, NY on the afternoon of 13 November 2016.
- The spouse or partner of the Candidate is highly encouraged to attend the interview.
District 7120 Nominating Committee 2016-2017
Jeff Graff (Chair) John Hall, PDG PDG Mark Wyse
Bob Hunt, PDG Coreen Lowry Jim Locker
Nancy Loughlin Kirk Vanderbilt Lee Loomis
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD the "District 7120 District Governor Nominating Procedure" as a MS Word Document.