Dear fellow Rotarians,
Rotary will be partnering with other service organizations in an International
Week of Service, 25-31 March 2017. All over the world, volunteers like you
are working to improve their communities. In the spirit of Rotary Serving
Humanity, I ask you to invite another local service group to volunteer with
you. Information and resources for this event can be found at weekofservice.org.
Visit the International Week of Service 2017 Facebook event page to RSVP and
see what other clubs are planning.
Organizations participating in this event include: Lions Clubs International,
Rotary International, Optimist International, Junior Chamber International,
Kiwanis International, Moose International, Soroptimist, Ys Men International,
Pilot International, and Sertoma Inc.To participate, your club can work with
one or more other area service groups to do something together for your community.
They can join you in a pre-planned event, or you can plan a new event together. Find a fellow service organization in your community here. Share your photos and videos at weekofservice.org, on the event page, and on social media using #weekofservice2017.
To promote your activities locally, we've provided you iåith a customizable press release.
This event will help us to promote all of our organizations, highlight membership opportunities, and reinforce the importance of doing good in the world. It's a chance for our volunteers to forge lasting relationships and creating the potential for future joint projects. Your participation will also achieve one of the service goals listed in my presidential citation.
I hope you'll join me in what promises to be a unique, important opportunity to better your community.
John F. Germ
President, Rotary International
Below please find a notice that you may wish to incorporate into your
District Newsletter. As Canada is celebrating its 150th Birthday in 2017
and entrance to Canada’s National Parks is free for the year, camp sites
are expected to be reserved quickly. If attendees at the WGIPPA 85th
Assembly in Waterton wish to camp, I would strongly recommend that
your reservations be made ASAP.
- Live the Rotary Four-Way Test,
- Talk proudly about your work and your professional organization,
- Use your professional talents to perform a service project in your community or overseas,
- Show genuine interest in others’ occupations,
- Participate in an Rotary Ethics Seminar (we had one in Spokane on October 1, 2016),
- Mentor high school or college students to help them achieve their career goals,
- Continue to participate in professional development and encourage others to do the same,
- Be ethical in your professional or business practices and encourage others to follow your example,
- Join a Rotary Fellowship by checking out the following website: https://www.rotary.org/myrotary/en/rotary-fellowships,
- Take tours of each others’ workplaces in order to more deeply understand their professions,
- Create a Four-Way Test contest for students,
- Live the Rotary Code of Conduct,
- Reward professionals or businesses who consistently follow ethical principles, and/or
- Volunteer to lead or participate in a Vocational Training Team.
The Creston Rotary Club, with President Gwen Telling (far left), sponsored the newly-formed Creston Valley Rotaract Club, which chartered on September 18.
The club charter was presented to Julie MsTaggart, Rotaract Charter President (back centre), by Gwen and by DG Kees van der Pol (far right).
This was followed by the Rotaractors receiving membership certificates.
It was a fun-filled event with stimulating conversation and fellowship!
What could be a Rotary first is that Gillian Kemle (bottom right), a Creston Rotarian, joined the Rotaract Club.
Have you used Rotary Global Rewards — our member benefits program of special offers on travel, hotels, dining, entertainment, and more? Rotary Global Rewards makes your Rotary membership even more rewarding.
When you travel with Rotary Global Rewards, you can do more good work and create new memories with family and friends using discounts on airfare, hotel, and vehicle rentals. http://bit.ly/GlobalRewards