Vocational Service Projects
The Avenue of Vocational Service covers projects and activities our club undertakes to promote professional development and mentoring in our community.
Urban Spirits Vocational Service Mission Statement:
Our mission is to involve the club in vocational projects that will achieve the following:
- Assist "vocational partners" to accomplish goals that endeavour to inspire and mentor youth in our community.
- Dedicate ourselves to service that is within our fiscal and human resource means.
- Establish our club as a serious entity within the community that is willing to contribute both dollar and sweat equity.
- Learn from our efforts to refine our process for the future of our club.
We will ensure that our activities meet the Rotary 4 Way Test...and we promise to represent the Urban Spirits proudly and professionally in all activities we undertake in this mission.
Vocational Project Selection Criteria:
The Vocational Service Projects are chosen based on the criteria set out by the Urban Spirits Rotary Club in it's inaugural year. Said criteria is the following:
- The project inspires and mentors youth at risk.
- Successful completion of the goals of the partner organization would be jeopardized without our club's assistance.
- The project focuses on assisting those in need in the urban area.
- The club can realistically commit the time required.
- The club can realistically commit the money required.
- The project is satisfying and rewarding to our club members.
- The project provides recognition for the club in order to build our credibility and profile in the community.
The criteria are ranked by priority and the majority must be met for project approval.