The Rotary Club of Houston Skyline (RCHS) has embodied the benefits of a modern Rotary club having professional and business classification, gender, age, religious, and ethnic diversity from its founding!

As of January 1, 2020, our membership is:

• 54% female (compared to about 15% Rotary International-wide)
  • 18% over 50 years old, 8% are 40-49 years old, 41% is 30-39 years old, 33% is under 29 years old. 
  • Representative of multiple countries
Visitors are excited to see a room full of energy, humor, and excitement.  Visiting Rotarian guests note their amazement of seeing certain generations, Millennium and X, not often members of Rotary. They are thoroughly impressed by what a 'young' club has been able to accomplish in just a few years.

Additionally, RCHS possesses classification and professional diversity.  To name a few, the list includes: Rotary Foundation alumni, Federal Administrative Law Judge, former City Councilman, a banker, an executive director of a local non-profit, engineers, City of Houston employees, an international author/neuroscientist, healthcare administrator, business owners, a few attorneys, and a flight attendant.

In fact, RCHS has members who have been involved with Rotary in previous programs.  Three RCHS members are Rotex, former Rotary exchange students.  Six members are Rotary Foundation Alumni: 3 former Rotary Ambassadorial Scholars and 3 recent former Group Student Exchange (GSE) team members.  After visiting RCHS, future GSE teams have shown an interest in joining RCHS as soon as they return from their spring experience.  A handful of members were in Interact in high school, in RYLA in high school, Rotaract in college, and/or heard about Rotary through their parents or grandparents' membership. These numbers show the importance of staying in touch with Rotary program participants throughout the years and how fond people become of Rotary after prior positive experiences.  These particular members are instrumental in teaching the club about the programs they participated in and also in being champions at the District level for promoting these programs.

Overall, RCHS is a fun and diverse place to be.  It is exciting to see the future of Rotary already right here in downtown Houston.  Despite our differences, everyone has at least one thing in common: Rotary .