Programs & Services

Subpages
Related Pages
Links
Files
Photo Albums

WEEKLY PROGRAMS
Over the years, the Rotary Club of St. Cloud has hosted a wide variety of speakers including state governors and political leaders, artists, presidential candidates, university presidents, athletes, financial leaders, civil servants, a former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, medical experts, nearly all of our own members at one time or another, and a wide variety of business CEOs. The weekly Rotary meetings have always been a place to keep informed and to stay involved.

The Rotary Club of St. Cloud currently consists of approximately 130 members who meet each Tuesday from 12-1pm at the St. Cloud Courtyard Marriot.

For a complete list of District 5950 local Rotary make-up locations click here.

AVENUES OF SERVICE
The central focus and purpose of Rotary is the four avenues of service:
1.   Club service - providing service to the Rotary Club to enable it to run efficiently in the spirit of fellowship;
2.   Vocational service - putting high standards of conduct into practice in the business and professional lives of Rotarians;
3.   Community service - identifying needs in the Rotary Club's community and addressing these needs with service projects;
4.   International service - working for international understanding and peace by promoting goodwill between all people.

THE 4-WAY TEST
The 4-Way Test is a simple but profound statement:

Of things we think, say, or do:
1.   Is it the TRUTH?
2.   Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3.   Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4.   Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?

ROTARY CLUB OF ST. CLOUD FOUNDATION
The St. Cloud Rotary Foundation was founded in 1986, and is an integral part of our club.  As a member of this club, you are automatically a member of the Foundation throughout your tenure as a club member.  The purpose of the Foundation is to identify, fund, and support projects in the greater St. Cloud community that will make our community a better place in which to live.  In one sense the Foundation is one of the ways we live out the third Avenue of Service - Community Service.

The Foundation was started with nothing in 1986, and now we have assets over $300,000.  Our goal originally was to reach $200,000 by the year 2000, and we achieved it three years earlier!  The Foundation currently funds projects such as the Rotary Lake George Revitalization, the Strive Program, two city parks, and other worthy causes.

Most of the foundation's assets have been generated through fundraising and individual donations.  We depend on members to keep the success of the Foundation alive and growing!

ROTARY IN ACTION
The Rotary Club of St. Cloud has been instrumental in contributing to many local and international projects over the years including:

LOCALLY:

Rotary Parks
The Club sponsors two Rotary Parks in the St. Cloud area. A smaller park located on the East Side of town adjacent to Selke Field, and Rotary Park West located in the Goetten's Addition.  Both parks bear the Club's name and continue to be maintained in part by the Rotary Club of St. Cloud.

Summertime by George!
In Eastman Park right off lake George, Rotary Club of St. Cloud puts on a concert series every Wednesday during the summer in the evening. Food vendors, drinks, activity booths, and free live music all are incorporated into the event. All the funds raised go toward building a better St. Cloud and surrounding areas.

Education Scholarships
Scholarships of $1,000 are awarded annually by the Rotary Club of St. Cloud to one student from each of the local high schools:  Tech, Apollo, St. John's Prep School, St. Cloud Christian School, and Cathedral.

Sponsorship of Exchange Students
The club sponsors a Rotary foreign exchange student to come to the St. Cloud area and attend a local high school while living with a local Rotary family.