Apr 2016 - Grants Approved Total $8,210

1.       New Frontiers Girls to Women - $1,000 – The mission of Girls to Women is to improve the self-sufficiency of girls and women in NW.  These funds will be used to help put on the 2016 Girls to Women Conference.

2.       Northwest Center for Independence - $1,000 -  The NW Center for Independence works closely with members of our community with disabilities to become more self-sufficient. These funds will be used to create a work space for members of the community to do research, apply for benefits and complete any other work related tasks.

3.       Partners In Routt County - $1,000 – Partners in Routt County provides one on one mentoring between Senior Partners and Youth Partners to help build life skills. These funds will help with training Senior Partners.

4.       NW CO Visiting Nurses Association.- $1,000 – NW CO VNA believes that everyone deserves the chance to achieve their best health by leading active lives. These funds will be used to fund exercise and wellness classes for Seniors in South Routt County.

5.       Routt County Council on Aging - $1,000 – Routt County Council on Aging works to determine the needs of the Seniors of Routt County and to make every effort to meet those needs while helping them achieve the highest level of independence. These funds will be used to fund their annual Spring Fling dinner and dance event.

6.       Steamboat Art Museum $ 250 – One aspect of the Steamboat Art Museum is to engage members of our community to better understand and appreciate art. These funds will be used to fund a Senior outreach and education program.

7.       Steamboat Springs Girl Scouts. $420 – The mission of the Girl Scouts is to build girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. These funds will be used to World Thinking day for local Girl Scouts. This day will be focused on learning more about other parts of the world and how we are all interconnected.

8.       Steamboat Tennis Center - $1,000 – The Steamboat Tennis Center works to strengthen our community and support our youth through the healthy life long sport of tennis. These funds will be used to purchase equipment to get a new 10 and under summer tennis program off the ground.

9.       Yampa Valley Sustainability Council - $500 – The mission of YVSC is to be a resource and catalyst for building a sustainable community. They do this through education and programs. These funds will be used to support their re-tree curriculum at South Routt High School. They will be taking students to the Colorado State Forest Service tree nursery in Fort Collins.

10. Yampatika- $1,040 – Yampatika’ mission is to inspire environmental stewardship through education. These funds will be used to purchase four  ipads for students to use in their environmental literacy program. Currently over 1,140 students in Routt County have benefited from the Environmental education program.