INTERNATIONAL SERVICE PROJECTS

This Avenue of Service is for the advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
Through this Avenue, our club have received more than $800,000 dollars worth of projects in various countries.  Here are some examples of services we are providing:

2019 Humanitarian mission to nepal

OUR PROJECT IN NEPAL

NEPAL - Micro Credit Project 

GOAT PROJECT
SCHOOL SUPPLIES 

Pedals for Progress

Pedals for Progress: Annual Pedals for Progress Program, where bicycles that are destined for American landfills are rescued and delivered to many developing countries where they are badly needed and highly valued partnership with local non-profit organizations, Rotaract, Interact and EarlyAct Clubs

USA-Nepal hope (asha) project

The earthquake in Nepal in April 2015 killed 9,000 people,  more than 500,000 houses were destroyed and almost million children lost their school.  Branchburg Rotary took a lead to build 1000 houses and provide micro credits to people who lost their lively hood and provide scholarships.  In early April 2017, a group of district Rotarians planning to visit Nepal to rebuild houses and provide special training. For more information about this project visit https://www.homesofhopenepal.com.

2019-2020 smart school project in india

Our newest global grant project is to install smart class with computerised teaching in India. 2019-2020 Global grant project.

Nepal Orphan Project

Branchburg Rotary's Orphan Project was started in 1995 - Annually we provide full scholarships to more than 30 needy students and orphans at the Bal Kumari High School in Sunakothi, Patan, Nepal.  $650 contribution goes long way in Nepal, supporting 30 students annually. 

***2005 visit of our Rotary club member Tulsi Maharjan at the Bal Kumari School in Sunakothi, Patan Nepal. Where we have sponsored 30 students at this school with our $500 annual donation. This school has 85 students who are getting Rotary Orphan Scholarships. Welcome ceremony at the school.  

homes of hope - Ecuador

Homes of Hope Project: A special collaborative project between the District 7510 Rotary Clubs and Rotary Club of Guayaquil, Ecuador, to raise funds to build homes of hope and to improve the quality of life for disadvantaged individuals in Ecuador . This project was started by Doug Merritt in 2002.

ROTARACT LEADERSHIP PROGRAM

Nepal Rotaract Leadership Institute was established by Rotarian Tulsi Maharjan in 2004 to give Rotaract members training in Leadership. The graduates of this program help with our several Nepal projects including Digital Divide and Orphan Project. 

Digital Divide Project in Nepal

Digital Divide Project in Nepal - (2004-2006 and 2009-2010 Projects) A special district-wide project to provide computers for poor schools in Patan , Nepal in collaboration with Rotary Club of Patan. With a special grant from Rotary International, our club along with other supporting clubs, were able to provide 50 computers and printers for 10 different schools in Nepal . Rotaract students from Nepal provided  special
training for local teachers .  Digital Divide Project to provide computers for schools in Nepal with the support from Governor Julie (2007-2008). Rotaract Leadership Graduates will help to train teachers and students.

Nepal orphan project - district project
A special collaborative project has been formed by the District 7510 Rotary Clubs/Rotaract and Interact Clubs and the District 3292 Rotary Clubs and Rotaract Clubs in Nepal .    
Mission is to improve the quality of life for these orphaned children and their communities by providing education, health-care and nutrition.  Our support will enable them to lead their communities and their county out of the darkness of oppression and into the light of freedom.  We are supporting 105 students each year with an annual scholarship for these students.

Micro Credit Project  Project visit video from 2010.

Vocational training program for blind students $32,000 grant (2014)
Women's Health Initiatives grant of  $96,000 for Nepal (2016)
Global Scholar Program grant $34,000
  •  
  •  Rotary club of Annapurna visit during our recent trip to Nepal in 2016   

School supplies distribution in parbat with parbat Rotary and rotaract support.

School supplies distribution in parbat with Parbat Rotary and Rotaract support.

Sponsors