Club History

Subpages

Serving our Community and Communities around the world since 1988

Your Title Here

Chartered September 2, 1988

The Branchburg Rotary Club is a service club that is dedicated to helping people in our community and communities around the world. Some of the outstanding accomplishments since the inception include: 

Special Accomplishments 

Chartered Rotaract Club at the Raritan Valley Community College in 2004

Established Best of Branchburg Program to honor local heroes in 1992 

Annual Bingo Game Fundraiser.

Established World Peace Program in 1995 and continue to have annual events in the community.

Special Accomplishments 

1st Best of Branchburg Award Outstanding Community Citizen Recognition Dinner:  Winner 1992. 

Every year, The Rotary Club of Branchburg recognizes outstanding citizens in our community with a Paul Harris Fellow award for their outstanding contribution to our community. Started in 1992. Our First Best of Branchburg Award winner Sen. Ray Bateman.

Youth Scholarships: Every year, our club awards $11,000 worth of scholarships to our local youths from the area high school, vocational school and community college. Our club has been providing this scholarship since 1990

Rotary Foundation: The Branchburg Rotary Club members are sustaining members of the foundation. Every members contributes $100 each year to Rotary Foundation: The Rotary Club of Branchburg members are sustaining members of the foundation. Every members contributes $100 each year to the Rotary Foundation.
Midland School : Adopted Midland school as our special school. We help the school with various projects and in the past helped with raffle ticket sale and T-shirt sale during the Midland Run.

Student Leadership and Citizenship Program

RYLA: Each year, 4 students take part in the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) program in the district. Young students are chosen for their leadership potential to attend an all-expenses-paid seminar, camp, or workshop to discuss leadership skills and to learn those skills through practice 
2004 - Sponsored of EarlyAct Club: Chartered an EarlyAct club in Branchburg Central School with 20 new members. The first project was to help the local soup kitchen, Coat drive and blood drive
  •  2005- Sponsored Interact Club at the Vocational School - First project was to raise funds for Homes of Hope Project in Ecuador.

Student of the Month Program 

Rotaract is a service club for young adults, aged 18 to 30 years, who believe that the can make a difference in this world by undertaking community-based projects. Rotaract members are Rotary's "Partners in Service" helping host Rotary clubs with variety of projects and activities. So far the Rotaract club of RVCC has donated mote than $25,000 dollars for various community and international projects and build Peace Garden at RVC College.

Caring Community Projects

Easter Seals Camp Merry Heart: Our club has been  supporting  the Easter Seals Camp Merry Heart for children  and adults with disabilities. 

Rotary 100th Year Project: Branchburg White Oak Park Project: This was a collaborative project between the township, business community and Branchburg Rotary. (2004-05). Received Most Significant Award from the District 7510 for this project. 

Gift of Knowledge: The Rotary Club of Branchburg started supplying every third grade students in the school with a new Webster Dictionary in conjunction with "The Dictionary Project". There is no better gift than the gift of knowledge. Project started in 1995.

Holiday Happiness: Collect funds to provide food baskets for needy people in our community. Funds are given to Interfaith Hospitality Network and food Bank to distribute to needy people in our community

COMMUNITY PROJECT

Student of the Month: Essay Writing contest "What I want to be When I Grow Up". This is one of our signature programs of the month. Each month essay winner read their essay to our club members and we honor them with a special certificate and $50 gift certificate.

Interfaith Peace Forum and Interfaith Thanksgiving Dinner: Branchburg Rotary has been sponsoring Interfaith Peace Forum since 1992 to foster understanding and cooperation among the diverse ethnic, cultural and religious communities in our area. The Interfaith Thanksgiving Dinner was started in 2001 after the 9/11 incident.

Pedals for Progress: Annual Pedals for Progress Program, where bicycles that are destined for American landfills are rescued and delivered to many developing countries where they are badly needed and highly valued with the partnership of local organizations, Rotaract and InterAct Clubs.

GLOBAL COMMUNITY PROJECT: Nepal Orphan Project, Started in 1992 - We are annually provide full scholarships for more than 30 orphans in Nepal and starting a new program in Ecuador to continue their education.

Homes of Hope Project Founder Doug MerrittHomes of Hope Project:  A special collaborative project between the District 7510 Rotary Clubs and Rotary Club of Guayaquil, Ecuador, to raise funds to build homes of hope and to improve the quality of life for disadvantaged individuals in Ecuador . This project was started by Doug Merritt in 2000.

Digital Divide Project in Nepal 2002-2003 and 2009-2010 - A special project of our club to provide computers for poor schools in Patan , Nepal in collaboration with Rotary Club of Patan. With the grant from Rotary International, our club was able to provide 50 computers and printers for 10 different schools in Nepal. Rotaract students from Nepal is  providing special training for local teachers on how to use the technology.

MicroCredit Project - 2010 grant received from RI to implement micro-credit project in Nepal.  This project is conducted in collaboration with Mahabouddha Club in Nepal

Nepal Rotaract Leadership Project was started in 2003 to train young students about leadership skills.

Other International Project supported by our club
  • Pure Water Project
  • Jaipur Limb
  • River Blindness
  • Brazil Street Children Project
These achievements coupled with our role in many international service projects, community service projects, youth citizenship projects, fund raisers, scholarships etc. give the Branchburg Rotary club much of which to be proud.  We would like to thank our community for their continued support.

Sponsors