- Sponsor: Kent Davis
- Date Inducted: February 1996
- Birthplace: West Covina, California
- Graduated From High School: Idaho Falls High School
- Personal Interests: “God, family, golf and fishing. . .is there anything else”?
- What I like about Rotary: “. . .what keeps me involved is being aqssociated with tremendous people and making a difference in the community”.
- Someone that influenced you strongly: “My Dad taught me that there is no success at the office that’s greater than being a success at home”.
- One thing that people would probably never guess about me is: “. . . that my nickname is “the Walrus” (coo-coo-catchoo. . .).
Mexico, S. Sudan, S. Korea, Lebanon, Peru, Columbia, Laos, Panama, Domincan Republic, Pakistan, Russia, Ukraine, Venezuela,Ethiopia,Taiwan
A truly warm gathering of human beings from all over the world...singing together, making new friends and learning English.
AWAIC is also in need of luggage or travel bags for their clients to use when they are able to leave that facility. These will need to be transported to AWAIC by the donor.
April 3-6 Gruening MS
April 10-13 Wendler MS
April 17-20 Goldenview MS
April 24-27th Central MS
We love Non-Profit announcements and we want to keep them going. Here is a quick run-down on the rules:
- All non-profit announcements should be less than one minute
- All non-profit announcements should be cleared by the president prior to the meeting
- All non-profit announcements should be cleared by the sergeant at arms prior to the meeting
- In recognition of the no-fine purchaser, non-profit announcements will now be $40
Keep them coming! Keep us tuned in to what your passions are and what we can do to help!
Weekly Anchorage East Rotary Club Meeting
The weekly Anchorage East Rotary Meeting is held at the Anchorage Downtown Hilton. The food line opens at 11:30 am and the meeting starts at noon. Lunch is $24 and coffee with dessert is $11.
Mobile Food Pantry
Mobile Food Pantry distribution is the second Saturday of each month at 1:30pm at the Fairview Recreational Center. Contact Barbara Swenson email@example.com for more information.
AERIE Meetings (Anchorage East Rotary Information & Education) All new and experienced members are welcome to join the monthly AERIE meetings and learn more about Rotary International and our club. For 2016-2017 AERIE will be held on the third Thursday of each month at 5:15 pm and the location is at the Community Room of Kaladi Brothers Coffee, 6921 Brayton Drive . Why AERIE? Red badge members should come to fulfill your core requirements to turn your red badge to a blue one. Blue badge members should come to learn more about Rotary and get to know our members. Contact Dave Kester if any questions: d.kester@alaskausainsurance.
AER Board Meetings
Regularly monthly board meetings will be held the 3rd Tuesday of the month at at the Wells Fargo Museum.. Board meetings occasionally move or are changed so check the "Events" section of the bulletin or the the club runner website. All are invited to attend. It counts towards getting your blue badge and as a meeting make-up.
If you have any news you want to share with the club, please let us know! Contact Emily Rohrabaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have some interesting news about yourself? Your family? Anchorage East is one big, happy family and wants to hear about our members! But remember, just like in meetings, announcements must be limited to personal/family news, news related to you, your family or another club member. Also, please limit all stories to 250 words or less, and no more than 4 photos to go with each story. Thanks!