Anthem Rotary Board of Directors Meeting                                          May 1, 2008

Meeting attended by:    Bob Bradshaw                         Larry Evans

Jan Samar                                Debbie Geisler

Bob Ticer                                 Jim Robinson

Tom Keck                                Doug DeMuth

Jack Maltby                             Barry Gregory

Alan Costa                               R. Keith Standerfer

Meeting brought to order at 6:30 p.m.

Secretary's report motion to approve by Doug DeMuth

Treasurer's report motion to approve by Jan Samar

New Business:  President Larry Evans' Debunking currently scheduled for Jun. 28, 2008 at the Ironwood Country Club

Membership:  The Board has approved the application of Bill Black, sponsored by Sam Crump, for acceptance into the Club.  Congratulation, Bill Black, we look forward to your participation.  Motion made by Bob Bradshaw

Golf Tourney:  We have 4 new Hole Sponsors and at this time have 26 raffle items for the event.

A motion carried to reward the first golfer who correctly identifies each hole sponsor with a $200 prize.  Barry Gregory made this motion

We are currently just a shade over 50% of the ball drop tickets being sold.  Sell those tickets!!!

Interact:  Our Boulder Creek Interact club had a going away banquet, Apr 20, 2008, and voted to donate $600 of their holdings to Sunrise House and adjourned for the year.  A huge piece of raisin pie should go out to Barry Gregory and others in the club for taking time out to keep this club on their toes!!!

Scholarships:  Out of 7 applications the committee has awarded four (4) scholarships to those worthy.  The following young ladies will receive $1000 from the club:

Racheal Marht:  Sandra Day O'Connor student, ranked 4th in her class and headed for the University of Arizona

Susan Eckman:  Boulder Creek student, #1 in her class and headed to the Univ. of Pennsylvania

Ashley Zeck:  Boulder Creek student, #19 in her classs and headed to the Univ of Colorado

Katherine Wiengartner:  Sandra Day O'Connor student, #1 in her class and headed for the Univ. of Arizona

Please forgive me if any of these names are spelled incorrectly.

Bob Ticer's report included information concerning the upcoming District Conference, May 30-31, 2008, stating our hospitality room will receive some help from the Glendale Kachina club.  Walk right in, sit right down and, baby, let ;your hang down!!!  Enjoy the District Conference.

The Board has approved $500 donations to the following entities:

New River Elementary for defribulation training

Sandra Day O'Connor needs 15 copies of novels

Cross of Christ needs books for the library

Fellowship School needs to raise the height of their surrounding fence

Desert Mountain School Multi Media IMAX Mission Impossible and Drug Prevention

Diamond Canyon needs books for guided reading

Canyon School (BlackCanyonCity) requested funds for Buckle Down, a preparation for AIMS

Sunset Ridge needs musical instruments and physical activity support

Motion made by Bob Bradshaw

We will consider the donation of $1000 to Shelter Box, a project our Tom Keck addressed at the first meeting in April.

Meeting adjourned at 8:35 p.m.

These minutes submitted respectfully by your secretary, R. Keith Standerfer