Club Executives & Directors
Home Page Stories
- Implement a leadership development process that identifies potential leaders and places them in roles to gain experience enabling them to be qualifies for greater responsibilities.
- Establish a fund-raising strategy for all the club’s affiliated/subordinate bodies, including the Rotary Foundation, the Gig Harbor Rotary Foundation, the Olson Foundation, the Women’s Prison Scholarship Endowment, and an endowment to fund the club’s projects.
- Develop a membership engagement process that tracks member engagement and provides projects and opportunities that meet the needs and expectations of members.
- Continue to increase the percentage of women members.
- Continue to increase the percentage of younger members.
Two prospective members - Jeanie Simmons and Donna Lormor - have been approved by the Board as new members.
Jeanie's classification is training & conflict resolution and she is sponsored by Pam Peterson. Donna's classification is education and she is sponsored by Al Abbott.
The first date of publication is October 27, 2014.
Any comments should be referred to Annie Arbenz and/or Dave Morris within 10 days of the first date of publication.
This month on Tuesday, November 25, 2014, due to Thanksgiving
Next month December 24, 2014 No Meeting. Nobody wanted to meet on Christmas Eve
There are two new web based options for Rotarians: E Clubs, and Aps for your iphone.
E Clubs are web based meetings that you can attend for makeups as well as just extending your Rotary knowledge.
Click on E Clubs to go to a website showing all of the international sites. You can select United States (hit search again) and get just the 8 US E Clubs.
Also available are two aps for iphone, one from clubrunner, and one from Rotary. Either will find local clubs and meeting times, but the Clubrunner is really neat in that once you sign in (same sign in and password as for our club website) you have instant access to our member list and contact info, including pictures, and to all the stories on the main page. Just search for Rotary in your Ap Store Ap. Call or email me if you need help. Tim Williams, email@example.com, 253-591-7088.
The Gig Harbor Rotary Club has two significant foundations.
Gig Harbor Rotary Foundation Educational Scholarships
Olson International Foundation International Service Projects
Together they have more than $2.6 million in assets and fund about $130,000 per year. Learn more about them by clicking on the Site Page to the left.
Anyway, REVIEW YOUR INFORMATION - HOW TO GET INTO THE WEB SITE
Put www.gigharborrotary.com (copy and paste) into your browser.
Then click on LOGIN in the upper right side of the screen; If you don't remember your login name or password, click on FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD. Give your name and email and the system will send your id and password.
By the way (btw) you don't have to log in to get a lot of information!!! You can see the upcoming speakers, check out other coming events, look at the pictures of the Courage classic and the Philippines, and even check out the sites for other local clubs.
You can also login and get even more information, including a picture directory of the club, and the ability to send emails to everyone. Click on "Admin" on the upper bar after you have logged in.
If you need help, please feel free to call me at 253-591-7088, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't forget coming Meeting committee metings listed in the "Events" area.