Zone 25 & 26
WORLD POLIO DAY, OCTOBER 24, 2014
Help #EndPolio Forever social media video launch:
We are very grateful for William Gates Sr.'s participation in the groundbreaking made-for-social-media video developed in partnership with Rotary. The video, Help #EndPolio Forever is now complete and has been approved by all partner health organizations.
As World Polio Day approaches we are distributing this video far and wide across the internet and ask for your help. We ask that you post this video to your districts' presidents and any district FaceBook Pages between October 20th and October 25th with concentration on October 24th, World Polio Day if at all possible.
We are 99% of the way to a polio-free world – truly, “this close” to eradicating polio forever. On 24 October, help us get closer by spreading the word about our fight to End Polio Now with our communities and the world. Here’s how:
- Hear polio survivor and Ironman athlete Minda Dentler’s incredible story. Register today for our End Polio Now: Make History Today Livestream event.
- Make a gift today and protect another child from getting polio for life.
- Share Rotary’s fight to end polio with local government officials and use this opportunity to encourage them to support the global commitment to a polio free world. Download advocacy and event resources.
- Show your support for polio eradication on social media and let your friends know that you want to end polio with this new End Polio Now graphic.
- Host your own event on 24 October and add your voice to the conversation with the hashtag #WorldPolioDay.
Our global network of volunteers has helped the vast majority of the world end polio. On World Polio Day, let’s show the world that when Rotarians start something, they finish it. Let’s end polio now.
John F. Germ
Rotary International President-nominee
Aloha, DG Laura