Welcome to our club! Warwick Rotary Club is the local Warwick chapter of Rotary International.
"We are 1.2 million neighbors, friends, and community leaders who come together to create positive, lasting change in our communities and around the world."
~ Rotary International
History of the Warwick Club
The Rotary Club of Warwick began in 1949 when a number of Warwick businessmen were attracted by the high ideals and concepts of fellowship and community service encouraged by neighboring Rotary clubs. During the Post World War II period the city of Warwick had undergone rapid expansion and many of its leaders saw the need for an organization to encourage business development and a spirit of cooperation. Encouraged by the Cranston Rotary Club, the Warwick Rotary Club began to emerge. Almost immediately, a provisional club was established and, with the help of the Cranston Rotary Club, the necessary 20 local businessmen signed a petition for a charter to Rotary International. Some 14 years later, Warwick Rotary would have the chance to enlarge Rotary International by sponsoring a new Rotary club in the area - the Rotary Club of East Greenwich. On July 1, 1949, the club received its Charter and held its first dinner at the Rocky Point Shore Dinner Hall for 150 persons. From the very beginning, the Warwick Rotary Club embraced all aspects of Rotary – fellowship, community service and support of Rotary International worldwide operations.
Who We Are Today
Nowadays, Warwick Rotary continues to embrace all aspects of Rotary and is a welcoming group of dedicated individuals who know how to combine meaningful work with fun and laughter. The camaraderie in this club is one of the things that makes it so special, and such a joy to be a part of. Find out for yourself - check out "How to Get Involved" for more information.
Club Executives & Directors
Home Page Download Files