Club Executives & Directors
- Meet anytime between August 6th and November 15th 2014
- First person on the list is the chairman of the group
- Each group will create a themed basket for Casino Night valued to at least $100
- Basket to be turned into D. Schieferstein by December 1st 2014
- Groups need to meet as a unit and take a photo - sent to Tom Brooks for publication on the website etc.
- Group gathering can be for theater, dinner, drinks, volunteer event etc.
- Group plans need to be reported to Mary Bedosky at email@example.com
Have recent headlines left you fielding questions about our ability to end polio? Steve Crane, a Seattle Rotarian and chair of his district’s polio eradication advocacy committee, shares why the important headline to remember is the one proclaiming the end of polio in India. Eradication is certain, as long as Rotary’s powerful force of volunteers stays committed to the cause.
Thanks to each of you for all you are doing as Rotarians. Richardson East Rotary is a very successful club because of each of you who truly believe in service above self. Our meeting this week will be a joint meeting with Richardson Central Rotary as we enjoy a visit by District Governor Bill Dendy. Let's each welcome our fellow Rotarians as they join us for this very special meeting. I hope you will all make plans to attend. If you were at last week's meeting but didn't see your buddy there, please give him or her a call or send an email. Remember to check your calendars for August 16 for the party at the Higgins' lake house. I will send out a map soon, and I hope many of you will be able to join us for what promises to be a fun day. August is membership month so this is a great time to invite someone to visit. Thanks to Bill Zeigler who is the first to propose a new member this Rotary year. Our next Board Meeting is Tuesday, August 5 at the Credit Union of Texas. Hope to see each of you next week!
|Celebrate Membership Month
August is Membership and Extension Month, which means it’s time to celebrate your Rotary club, your members, and all of the good you do in your community and around the world. Here are several ideas to get you started!
Throughout August, submit photos of your club members hard at work to show the world how Rotary makes a difference. Use the hashtag #WeAreRotary and post photos of your club in action to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.