Trunk or Treat
AH Village Public Works BuildingOct 28, 2016
6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Sort Food W/ Interact(Not Thanksgiving Dinners)
Rolling Meadows High SchoolNov 13, 2016
10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Santa Run Pre-Event Packet Pick-up
Location to be announcedNov 29, 2016 4:45 PM –
Dec 02, 2016 7:00 PM
Santa Run Race Day Volunteers
Metropolis LobbyDec 03, 2016
7:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Village of Arlington Heights Immunization Clinic
Arlington Heights Village HallDec 12, 2016
4:45 PM – 7:00 PM
- It’s just 7 weeks until the Rotary Santa Run, our biggest fundraiser of the year. We need all hands on deck to make this a success. There are lots of volunteer opportunities on Race Day as well as the week before the Race. Click here to sign up for Packet Pick-up prior to the race, or here to register for Race Day.
- One Rotary Summit will take place on October 29th at the Harper College. There will be interactive case study discussion in the morning and the afternoon session will be Clubrunner training. To register go to Rotary6440.org. Attendance is free.
- Sunday, November 13th the District will be celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Rotary Foundation with a dinner featuring RI President Nominee Sam Owori. It will be an evening of celebration and inspiration. On line registration is open until November 7th at rotary6440.org/event/rotary-foundation-dinner/
- The deadline for purchasing wreaths and greenery from Boy Scout Troop 34 (this is the troop that our club charters) is in 2 weeks. If you are interested in making a purchase contact Terry Ennes.
- Mary Jablonsky is looking for volunteers to help our Interact Club sort food drive collections on November 13 in the afternoon. For more information, contact Mary.
- The village’s Katie Project- which involves checking and replacing fire alarms is looking for volunteers on Saturday, November 5th. For more information, contact Neil Scheufler.
- Bob Heller is doing well and is at the Lutheran Home, #1303, and hoping to get out in a week or two. Thanks, Jan Behrens for the update.
- President Bertucci reports we made our goal for the golf outing – a little over $10,000!
- RE. Birthdays, it’s great to bring in a new member…in a way, one’s legacy goes on; one of our birthday Rotarians, Kerry Pearson, was brought in by former member Dane Hooper! For the other birthday members see the list on this website page.
- Bill Kmiecik and Linda Borton both said we’d enjoy the 10/29 One Rotary Summit at Harper (including how to better use ClubRunner): sign up for a useful and enjoyable day.
- Terry Ennes said still being time to order Scout Wreaths for the holidays (last day is 11/5); remember we’re a troop sponsor. Contact Terry at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The next Village of Arlington Heights Immunization Clinic will be October 10. Sign-up through Club Runner. 4-5 volunteers are needed.
- Save October 29th for Rotary's Fall training day, which is open to all Rotarians and will take place at Harper College. The morning session will be One Rotary Summit and will include examination and discussion of issues facing Rotary Clubs using a case study format. The afternoon session will be focused on Clubrunner training.
- Mary Kendall is looking for volunteers for Junior Achievement.
- Kerry Pearson gave a plug for our next two speakers, and suggested that they might appeal to guests and prospective members.
- Betsy Kmiecik announced that registration is open for anyone wishing to submit a wreath in this year's Festival of Wreaths put on by the Arlington Heights Historical Association.
- President Bertucci reported that things are in full swing in preparation for the Santa Run, and that the committee is optimistically hoping to exceed goals for sponsorship and participation.
- Zbig Skiba, a visiting Rotarian from Evanston Lighthouse, announced a Rotary business networking event that will take place next Thursday, September 29 at the Firehouse Grill in Evanston. Rotary Means Business (RMB) is a fellowship of Rotary International. A basic membership is free, and available to Rotarians, alumni, family members of Rotarians (not just spouses) as well as anyone who has ever participated in a Rotary or Foundation program. To find out more and to become a member of the RMB fellowship, go to http://rotarymeansbusiness.org/. To find out more about the September 29th event, go to https://rmbchicago20160929.eventbrite.com
- Other guests at this week's meeting included Dave Zuehlke, a guest of Wendy Davis, and our speaker Ross Spencer.
- Ron Crawford is running a 50/50 raffle supporting Ak Tenamit scholarships for poverty-strick children.For for about the school and scholarships, see the brochure by clicking “More”.
- Steak Fry fun will be at Wendy’s house, Saturday, 5:30 p.m., 9/10. We’re experimenting with catered bar-b-que by Bubba. Member area of webwsite has Wendy’s address.
- No regular meeting Th., 9/8 because of the “Steak Fry”
- No regular meeting Th., 9/15 because of our working the NWSRA-Rotary golf outing that day!
- Guests included Paul O’Tool from Florida, our speaker, Rich Lalley, and local high school student Patrick Ryan (right), recipient of one of our book scholarships.Pat will go to Northwestern to study Political Science.
- Though Nanette has said some additional have come in, there’s still room for more sponsors and foursome.It’s a good charity cause, good duffers, and good fun!
- FYI – though there had been consideration of raising Santa Run sponsorship fees, they will stay at $500 and $750.
Tim Govern, Golf Operations Manager at the Arlington Heights Park District talked about course improvements and changes at Arlington Lakes, a 90 acre, 18-hole, par-68 course covering 5,360 yards. He described significant renovations to the course affecting such things as improvements in speed and flow of play, bunkers (fewer), water features, Tees (additional), club house and layout. For more about Arlington Lakes, click http://www.ahpd.org/parks/facility-details/?fid=3
The course is at 1211 S. New Wilke Rd., Arlington Heights, IL 60005 and operates dawn to dusk. Phone: 847-577-3030. Tim can be reached at 847-577-3032 and email@example.com . For additional information about the renovations see More...
Supporting the Arlington Heights community is certainly a key focus of the Rotary Club of Arlington Heights and this sponsorship provides a win-win option for all!