Typically, 200+ bingo players participate in our Super Bingo held in Spring and Fall. Through the generosity of those who play, we are able to raise funds that go to support many local causes. We extend our thanks and gratitude to all who participate. Our fall event took place on October 18, 2015 at the St. Johnsbury Academy Field House. Watch for details about our spring event. We hope to see you there!
Our Rotary Basketball Tournament promotes good sportsmanship among the 500-plus students from Northern Vermont and New Hampshire whose teams participate each year. The two-week tournament is also our Club's biggest annual fundraiser. The proceeds support sending children to summer camps.
Historically, funds from our Tourament and other funds raised by our club have supported the following St. Johnsbury Rotary Club projects:
• Summer camps for over 50 children
• Literacy and education: Our club distributes 240 dictionaries and atlases to local schoolchildren each year
• Community Service Awards to college-bound students
• Northeast Kingdom Youth Services (NEKYS)
• First Night
• Four area Red Cross Blood Drives collecting 700+ pints of blood annually
• Meals on Wheels
• Shared Heat
• The Santa Fund
and many more local projects.
L-R: Incoming President Tom Wales, Outgoing President Jane Arthur and Suzanne Roberts
For more information about giving to the Rotary Foundation: http://www.rotary.org/myrotary/en/take-action/give/recognition