Posted on Jul 08, 2017
  • The Rotary Club Albury West (RCAW) was granted charter on 4th November 1970 with an initial group of 30 members.
  • The RCAW hosted our first exchange student in 1971 and have hosted a total of 39 students from 18 different nations. We have also sent out 40 local students to Asia, Europe and the America’s.
  • Cleared and developed the Oddies Creek Park.
  • Ran three ‘Flying High’ air carnivals between 1979 and 1983 at the Albury Airport with crowds of up to 30,000 people. These events raised up to $70,000 for the community.
  • For the 75th anniversary of Rotary the RCAW decided to restore a DC2 aircraft that was identical to the Uiver which made an historic landing at the Albury Race Course in 1934. The club spent thousands of man hours doing restoration work on the aircraft before presenting it to the City of Albury.
  • The RCAW runs the annual Mayors Golf Day and has so far raised a total of over $100,000 for Guadalupe House and other charities.
  • The RCAW has delivered Meals on Wheels using two cars each weekend, and some rostered weekdays, since 1992. Over 40,000 meals have been delivered during this period.
  • The club has built a covered training area for ‘Riding for the Disabled’, basketball shelters for J C King Park, BBQ’s at Australia Park and many other projects and BBQ fundraisers over the years.
  • The RCAW ran the highly successful 2010 Rotary District Conference for our own District Governor, David Cooke. This event attracted over 900 attendees.
  • The RCAW organises and runs the annual Nail Can Hill Run which has attracted many local and interstate runners. This event has raised over $600,000 for local community organisations and charities.