Posted by Bob Martin on Nov 30, 2017
ROTARY FOUNDATION GIVING SUCCESS      
 
Everyone who was at the November 17th meeting will know this, but you who were not there need to know this.  Our program on the 17th was to let all of you know what our Club is doing in the way of International service and how the money you are donating to The Rotary Foundation comes back to us allowing us to complete projects.  It was also intended to encourage each of you give to The Rotary Foundation.  Our Club is no longer doing automatic quarterly donations because of accounting time and issues.  As a result, we would like all of you to sign up with TRF Direct.  I provided forms, and will have some with me this coming Friday to allow you to do this.
I am thrilled to report that 26 of you did fill out the forms and as a result those 26 will be giving to The Rotary Foundation $14,260 each year!  This commitment can be terminated at any time with a phone call or an email.  That puts us half way to President Mel's goal of $30,000.  Put another way, 20% of our members have us half way to our goal.  I would encourage the other 80% to make up the difference.  You will never give a better charitable dollar; that is you can count on the money to make a difference in people's lives.
I am proud of this Club and all that we do together, but we can do even more together.  Please ask me for a TRF Direct form and make up that other half of our goal.