About Our Club
The Portersville-Prospect Rotary, club #5156 in District #7280, offers members a chance to put "Service Above Self" through community programs, volunteerism, and fellowship. The club meets every Tuesday night in Portersville, and holds charitable events throughout the year. We welcome you to stop in or say hello at a Rotary event! Our members find Rotary to be a great way to connect with other people in the community while also giving back.
The Portersville-Prospect chapter was chartered May 28, 1957. You can read about the history of the Rotary organization here.
The first president was Victor Humphrey, 1957-1958. Other past presidents (presidents are chosen on a rotating basis):
- William Shaw has been president four times (1984-85, 1988-89, 2001-02, 2009-10).
- Mike Visconti four times (2004-05, 2008-09, 2012-2013, and 2015-2016).
- Diane Mackrell thrice (1994-95, 2002-03 and 2010-11).
- Omer Hertweck twice (1977-78 and 1991-92.
- Cliff Woessner twice (1966-67 and 1983-84).
- Dana Opp twice (2003-04 and 2011-12)
- The Browns (John and Harold) have a combined total of 5 times.
- The Pfeifers (Lloyd and Barb) a combined 4 times.
- The Griffins ( Francis and Linda) have a combined total of 3 times.
- The Wehrs (Bob and Keith) have a combined total of 3 times.
- The Kerrys (Roy Sr and Roy Jr) a combined total of twice but Roy, Jr. was also president of the Sharon club.
Linda Griffin served as District Governor 2004-2005, Rotary's Centennial Year. Michael Visconti served as District Governor during the 2011-2012 Rotary year.