Golfers and Students Win Big at the Rotary Golf Tournament Sept. 16

The Rotary Club of Estes Park has actively supported the youth of our community for years through its scholarship program. The Rotary Golf Tournament partners with the Rotary Foundation to raise $24,000 for three, four year academic scholarships awarded each year to local graduates. This funding is critical for students as the cost of education keeps rising. The Golf Tournament has been held for the last 24 years at the Estes Park 18 Hole Golf Course. This is a fun event, in a beautiful scenic setting, with great prizes to win from participating in the variety of contests. 

Golfers will vie for prizes in contests for most accurate drive, closest to the pin and longest putt. Separate prizes are offered for men and women in the most accurate drive and longest putt competition. Each member of the winning team (low net score based on Peoria Handicapping) will receive a prize, as will the team members with the lowest gross score. Prizes will also be awarded to the four winners of the Closest to the Pin competition on Par 3 holes. All participants will receive a Rotary souvenir. While golfers relax with refreshments at the clubhouse after playing 18 holes, the tournament committee will announce major prizewinners and conduct drawings for merchant-donated prizes. Silver and Bronze sponsors will participate in a drawing for a handmade wood and glass side table hand-crafted and donated by Peter Sinnott.

This year’s tournament will be held on Friday, September 16 at 1:30 with check-in beginning at 12:00. The entry fee will be $125 per golfer or $75 if you have a 2022 annual membership (7-day season pass). $25 of each entry fee will go directly to the scholarship fund. To register for the tournament, download forms posted on the Estes Park Rotary Club website at www.rotaryclubofestespark.org. Registration and sponsorship forms are also available at the Estes Park 18-Hole Golf Course. Return the entry form to: Rotary Club of Estes Park Golf Tournament, P.O. Box 1365, Estes Park, CO 80517. Checks should be made payable to : Rotary Club of Estes Park Foundation. Golfers with questions should call Pete Sumey at 970-443-4644.

The view at the 18-Hole Golf Course

A call for sponsors for Rotary Golf Tournament for Scholarships

As darting hummingbirds, blooming wildflowers and teeming golf courses signal the summer season in Estes Park, it’s time to mark your calendar for the Rotary Golf Tournament for Scholarships, set for Saturday, September 16th, 2022.

The 25th  annual event will raise funds for the Rotary Club of Estes Park Foundation Scholarship Fund. Annually, the club raises $24,000 for three, four-year academic scholarships for graduating Estes Park high school students. The club recently awarded a total of $42,500 in academic and memorial scholarships to 11 members of the class of 2021.

The tournament will be held at the scenic 18-hole Estes Park Golf Course, where the majestic mountain views are often known to distract golfers, Chairman Peter Sinnott said. The fun will begin with a 1:30 pm shotgun start.

“We have set our sights on raising more in sponsorships than we did 2022, and our committee members are making those contacts now,” Sinnott said. “All sponsor donations are tax deductible and support local scholarships.”

Many sponsors have been recruited, but more are needed, Sinnott said. Levels include: 
  • Named Scholarship Sponsor ($2,500 and above),
  • Diamond Sponsor ($2,000), 
  • Gold Sponsor ($1,000), 
  • Beverage Cart Sponsor ($750)
  • Silver Sponsor ($500), 
  • Bronze Sponsor ($250), 
  • Tee/Green Sponsor ($125), and 
  • Fairway Sponsor ($75). 
Names of sponsors pledging $125 or more are displayed at the tournament and included in publicity prior to the event. In addition, sponsors who commit to $250 or more receive between one and eight complimentary player registrations, according to sponsorship level.

“We recognize our major sponsors on our tournament posters, in newspaper articles, and on banners at the clubhouse and signs on the tees and greens at the event. Our sponsors make the event possible, and we truly appreciate their contributions,” Sinnott said.

For information on how to sign on as a sponsor, please call Jay Harroff ( 970-227-3856 ) or Ron Gordon (970-586-0370) or download forms at the Estes Park Rotary Club website, at http://portal.clubrunner.ca/5241/SitePage/golf-tournament-1/welcome.

Banners, signs recognizing sponsors

Rotary Golf Tournament '22 raises dollars for scholars

What could be better than playing 18 holes of golf on a course with stunning Rocky Mountain views? Knowing that every chip shot, drive, divot and putt provides college scholarships for Estes Park High School seniors.  

The 25th Annual Rotary Club of Estes Park Golf Tournament for Scholarships, slated for Saturday, Sept. 16, hopes to raise money for three academic scholarships, which will be awarded next May. 
“Golfers who register for this tournament love the game, but more importantly, believe in investing in the success of our high school seniors. Much will be asked of the next generation, and the Rotary Club of Estes Park wants to help these students to become tomorrow’s leaders,” said Golf Tournament Chairman Peter Sinnott.  

The Rotary Golf Tournament partners with the Shred-A-Thon and the Rotary Foundation to raise $24,000 for three, four-year academic scholarships awarded annually to local graduates. On May 19,  Meila Igel,  Isabella Fanucchi and Ellie Bergsten were named recipients of the Rotary Club of Estes Park 2021 Academic Scholarships. These awards provide each student with $2,000 per year for four years and are offered on the basis of academic achievement and promise, activities, and citizenship. In addition, the club awarded $18,500 in memorial scholarships to eight members of the class of 2021.
“Paying for a college education can be a daunting task for parents and students, with costs rising faster than inflation for many years. Through our scholarships, our club eases the financial burden on our families,” Sinnott said.  

To register for the tournament, download forms posted on the Estes Park Rotary Club website at www.rotaryclubofestespark.org. Registration and sponsorship forms are also available at the Estes Park 18-Hole Golf Course. Golfers with questions should call Pete Sinnott at 970-577-7766.

The $125 fee includes green fees, cart, lunch from Smokin’ Dave’s BBQ and a participation gift. In addition, $25 of the fee will benefit the scholarship fund. Players with an annual 7-day membership at the Estes Park Golf Course pay a reduced registration fee of $75, with $25 going to the scholarship fund.

Each golfer also will vie for prizes in contests for most accurate drive, closest to the pin and longest putt. Separate prizes are offered for men and women in the most accurate drive and longest putt competition. Each member of the team with the lowest net score will receive a $100 gift certificate to the Estes Park Golf Course Pro Shop. Prizes will also be awarded to the team with the lowest gross score and to four winners of Closest to the Pin competition on Par 3 holes. While golfers relax at the clubhouse after playing 18 holes, the tournament committee will conduct drawings for merchant-donated prizes.
The event will begin at 1:30 p.m. with a shotgun start at the 18-hole Estes Park Golf Course.

“We invite participation from golfers of all skill levels. The tournament has been an easy and fun way to support scholarships for 24 years. We’d like to see even more foursomes this year,” Sinnott said.
Several levels of tournament sponsorships also are available. For information on how to sign on as a sponsor, please call Jay Harroff ( 970-227-3856 ) or Ron Gordon (970-586-0370) or download forms at the Estes Park Rotary Club website, under the Golf Tournament tab.

2021 Academic Scholarship Winners

Be a sponsor!