Subpages
Related Pages
Links
Files

Welcome to the Rotary Club of East Greenwich!  We would like to share with you a little about ourselves:

The members of the Rotary Club of East Greenwich are community and business leaders representing different professions, experiences, and perspectives.  We have a
shared commitment to make a difference in this world by living up to our Club's motto:  "Service Above Self" and taking action to address the challenges affecting our community.  Our Club is warmly welcoming and very open to new members of diverse walks of life.  Along with opportunities to serve, our members also regularly network, resulting in lifelong friendships and business connections.

Our Club offers opportunities for our members  to get involved and have fun doing so. Through our meetings (with interesting invited speakers), social events, and volunteer projects, our members learn about the issues facing our community and around the world. We then work together to either develop a club project that provides a solution to an issue, or have a fundraiser to generate funds that can be donated to that cause.  

But our focus is not just making an impact by raising funds and participating in projects.  Our Club is also very involved with the youth in our community, which may be the most lasting impact we can possibly make.  Currently we sponsor a college-age Rotaract Club at New England Institute of Technology, and two secondary school Interact Clubs at Rocky Hill School and Cole Middle School, as well as mentoring a small group of East Greenwich High School students with their project to build a well in Kenya.  We also reach out to all the youth in our community to provide scholarships to Rotary Youth Leadership Association (RYLA), which provides junior and senior age-level students with an invaluable and intense leadership training program each Spring.  We have invited these students to our meeting after the program has completed and have seen the results of this intensely moving program, and it definitely changes their lives!

Currently our Club is involved in many service projects.   We brought our Rotaract and Interact Clubs together and worked with them on a project to make plastic prosthetic hands for children in war zones.  The students designed and created the parts with an NEIT 3D printer and then our Club got together with all of them to assemble the parts into hands.  We have raised a lot of money to help build Kent Hospital's Ambulatory Surgical Center ($10,000) and Girl Scouts of Southern New England scout media resource center ($10,000).  We also award about $17,000 a year in college scholarships to local high school students.  And last, but certainly not least, we do "hands-on" projects like our Sand for Seniors where we partner with Home Depot to give us buckets and the Town of East Greenwich to fill them with a mix of salt and sand, and then our members deliver them to senior citizens in our community.