OUTBOUND STUDENT FINANCIAL AGREEMENT

For Students who will be on exchange during the 2019-2020 Exchange Year, the fee is US $6,650.00.  ($6,849.00 when paying with credit card.)

The fee covers all the following:
  • Fees (interviews, district and CSRYE fee)
  • Round-trip airfare (12-month open ticket) – to any country in the world the student may be assigned.  Includes one date change allowed for the return ticket. 
  • Medical insurance coverage (Central States and in Country insurance where required)
  • Visas – where required. 
  • Student registration, meals and accommodations for District Orientation and Mandatory Winter Meeting 
  • Registration, meals for one parent for District Orientation  
  • Student registration, meals and accommodations at mandatory District Conference 
  • Student registration, meals, accommodations for July Grand Rapids Central States Conference (2019 and 2020) 
  • One parent registration, meals, accommodations (dorm) for July Grand Rapids Central States Conference (2019) 
  • Central States name badge and breast patch for blazer  
  • Language Camp (where required)
Students are provided with free room and board, education at no cost, and modest monthly allowance (minimum of US $75 spending power) from Host Rotary Club while in the host country.

Costs of language camps & host country insurance:
Costs for mandatory language camps and host country insurance are included in the fee and may be prepaid by the District Youth Exchange Committee.  If any such costs are incurred directly by students or parents, they will be reimbursed if a claim (with receipts) is received by the District Outbound Coordinators before October 31st of the year the student leaves on exchange.

FEE does not cover the following:
  • The cost of obtaining a passport
  • Conference registration and meals for second parent and/or siblings
  • Required blue Rotary Blazer
  • Additional date changes for return airline ticket beyond the one change allowed
  • Medical and dental exams required as part of the application process
  • Travel expenses for visa acquisition
  • Required emergency fund by host country
  • Excursions or host country trips
  • School uniforms (where required)
  • Incidental living expenses (personal host country travel, extra-curricular school activities, entertainment, postage, phone calls, clothing and personal items, etc.)
Payments:  Payments are due as follows: (Credit Cards accepted:  VISA, MasterCard, and Discover)

Due Dates  
Paid By Check or
Money Order Fee

Paid with
Credit Card (3% Fee)
First payment due at Interviews
November 5
   $600.00   $618.00
Second payment postmarked
by December 1
  $800.00   $824.00
Third payment postmarked
by April 1
  $2,625.00   $2,703.75
Final payment postmarked
by June 1
  $2,625   $2,703.75

TOTAL

$6,650.00

$6,849.50

Payment by personal check or money order payable in U.S. funds to “District 6250 RYE Program”. 
A fee of $25 will be charged for NSF checks.  A fee of $25 will be assessed for late payments. 
Airline Tickets will not be issued until full payment has been received.

December, April and June payments should be sent to

District 6250 RYE Program

c/o Morgan Data

2820 Walton Commons, Suite 103

Madison, WI 53718

Any costs related to an early return home, or other unusual costs of the student, shall be incurred by the student’s parents.  A major increase in airfares or other costs that could not be covered with Youth Exchange Committee reserve funds could possibly result in a small additional cost to each student, however this is extremely unlikely.

REFUND POLICY:  A partial refund may be available for a student who drops out of the exchange program before departing for the hosting country and will be at the discretion of the District 6250 RYE Committee. Partial refunds will be based on when the student leaves the program and what expenses have been incurred to that point.