The Purpose of Interact is:
To provide opportunity for young people to work together in a world fellowship dedicated to service and international understanding.
Interact is a service club for youth ages 12-18. Clubs benefit from sponsorship by individual Rotary clubs, which provide support and guidance. Interact has a membership of over 300,000 youth in more than 13,000 clubs worldwide. It's one of Rotary's fastest growing programs. Interact clubs are self-governing and self supporting and can be either school or community based. Interact's name is a combination of the words international and action. With clubs in over 135 countries and geographical areas, Interact is truly an international phenomenon. Interact's global youth network is dedicated to community and international service. Every Interact club project, great or small, has a lasting impact on society worldwide.
Please see Notice of Interact Age Change
The Goals of Interact are:
1. To recognize and develop constructive leadership and personal integrity.
2. To encourage and practice thoughtfulness of and helpfulness to others.
3. To create an awareness of the importance of home and family.
4. To build respect for the rights of others, based on recognition of the worth of each individual.
5. To emphasize acceptance of individual responsibility as the basis of personal success, community improvement, and group achievement.
6. To develop life skills including self development, time management, and personal finances.
7. To recognize the dignity and value of all useful occupations as opportunities to serve society.
8. To provide opportunities for gaining increased knowledge and understanding of community, national, and world affairs.
9. To open avenues of personal and group action leading to the advancement of international understanding and goodwill toward all peoples.
Interactors also often spearhead the formation of Rotaract clubs and participate in Rotary Youth Leadership Awards(RYLA). Interactors also often go on to become Youth Exchange students or Ambassadorial Scholars.
We of District 7120 welcome you to our District Interact Webpage. There is a wealth of information here about Interact; not only Internationally, in what we are doing as Interact clubs as a District. If you have any questions please contact. Mary Anne Cooper, Rotary District 7120 Interact Chair, 2016-2017 at email@example.com.