As of this writing Leon and I have visited 30 clubs. The welcome and the hospitality is very humbling and much appreciated.

Basic Education and Literacy programs are alive and thriving in all of the clubs we have visited far; I am sure this is true also in future clubs.

Scholarships to Local Students

100% of the local clubs we have visited to date give scholarships to students in their local schools and where they exist also in the colleges. Would not it great if we had a total value for all the local scholarships in our district! It has to be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Many clubs honor their speakers by presenting a book to a local program for Literacy for young students. I am always honored to sign the book given in my honor.

Many clubs provide dictionaries for the third grade students in their service area. This is a printed dictionary, not an online dictionary. We have clubs who provide mentoring for challenged students at their local school. What a concept, help those struggling students when they early in their education experience so they can succeed.

We have clubs whose members read to the young students to trigger their interest in reading.

Gig harbor rotary members are encouraged spend just one hour each week mentoring and encouraging young students who are challenged.