District Community Grants (DCGs) 2016-17
You can apply for a DCG entirely online within the Grants Module on this website! Click here to start an application.
· DCGs are available in amounts up to $3,500.
· Note: District Community Grants are paid on a reimbursable basis. For example, your club would pay, up front, the full project cost. After the project is completed, you would submit receipts and other documentation to District 5020, then receive a reimbursement check for 50% of the total Rotary Club expenses, up to a maximum of $3,500.
· A DCG project may be either a local project (your club, in your community), or an international project (with or without a host club). You will need a two-member committee in your club, and approval of your club president.
· When working with a third party organization on your project (example a local or international non-profit Agency) you must file a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) online with your grant application. An example third party MOU is posted on this website.
· Applications may be submitted after April 1st. Clubs are encouraged to submit as soon as possible following April 1st for two reasons. First, grants submitted by clubs are used to prepare a "Spending Plan" that must be submitted to The Rotary Foundation (TRF) before we can receive our District Block Grant. The Block Grant money from TRF is how the District funds DCGs. Second, all DCGs are funded by the District on a "first come, first served" basis as applied and approved.
· Projects may begin only after approval has been granted. DCGs will not be awarded to projects that have already begun or been completed.
· Projects must be completed by 1 May of the same Rotary year, and all reports submitted by 1 June. Payment will be made once all completed reports are received.
Each club may apply for only one DCG between 1 April and 31 December. Additional applications will be accepted after 31 December if funds are still available.
- TIMELINE SUMMARY: Training takes place in the Rotary year prior to the next year's applications. Applications are accepted from April 1 to June 30. Review and approvals are conducted after July 1. Final Reports must be submitted before June 1. Reimbursement Distributions are made before July 1.
- Application are submitted online through the District website: Community Grant Application
· Community Grants Coordinator: Robert Zawilski; email@example.com
· Foundation Chair: Judy Byron: firstname.lastname@example.org