How The Rotary Foundation Works
The mission of The Rotary Foundation is to enable Rotarians to advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty.
The Rotary Foundation helps fund our humanitarian activities, from local service projects to global initiatives. Your club can apply for grants from the Foundation to invest in projects and provide scholarships. The Foundation also leads the charge on worldwide Rotary campaigns such as eradicating polio and promoting peace. Rotarians and friends of Rotary support the Foundation’s work through voluntary contributions.
District 5020 proudly provides extensive Foundation training for all district Rotary clubs and Rotarians. Find out where and when the next District Foundation training session will be here.
Your gift to the Annual Fund helps Rotary clubs take action today to create positive change in communities at home and around the world. Your contributions help us strengthen peace efforts, provide clean water and sanitation, support education, grow local economies, save mothers and children, and fight disease.
Every Rotarian Every Year
The Every Rotarian Every Year (EREY) initiative asks every Rotarian to support The Rotary Foundation every year. In addition to contributing to the Annual Fund on a regular basis, members are encouraged to get involved in a Foundation project or program. EREY aims to engage every Rotary club member by:
- Encouraging every Rotarian to contribute to the Annual Fund every year
- Encouraging every Rotarian to participate in a Foundation grant or program every year
- Fifty percent is credited to the World Fund.
- Fifty percent is credited to the District Designated Fund.
- Outright gifts of cash, investments, or otherproperty
- Life income gifts (e.g., charitable remainder trusts, charitable gift annuities, pooled-income funds)
- Testamentary gifts through wills or estate plans
- Beneficiary of life insurance, retirement plan accounts, or other financial accounts