Ana Reinaldo Constantino (Brazil Exchange Student to Port Townsend Club), Joanne Croghan, District 5020 Governor 2016-17, and Roxane Coldefy (France Exchange Student to Pt. Townsend Sunrise Club).
District 5020 is seeking applications for the position of District Membership Chair, to serve a one-year term (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018), and two additional years, subject to the approval of the sitting District Governor. The Membership Chair is one of the most important positions in the district. By attracting new members and keeping existing members, we strengthen the clubs of tomorrow. The membership committee identifies strategies that will grow membership and promotes them to clubs in our district. The membership committee works with the district governor to identify communities that need new clubs. Specific responsibilities include:
- Recruit & train a Membership committee with members from across the district.
- Plan, conduct district membership seminars with the governor-elect and district trainer.
- Coordinate activities with the Public Image committee that support membership efforts.
- Check membership leads regularly, work with the governor to determine who will manage them.
- Identify communities without Rotary clubs that may benefit with a new charter.
- Find communities served by existing clubs that could benefit from new clubs.
- Participate as a member of the District Council.
- Develop and manage the District Membership Budget.
- Attend all major district events.
Interested Rotarians should submit a letter of interest (with a resume detailing both Rotary and relevant professional experience and education) to Governor Elect Tom Carroll at email@example.com no later than February 22nd, 2017. After an initial screening, finalists will be notified regarding an interview with the District Governance Team.
District 5020 Literacy Chair, Judy Henderson (firstname.lastname@example.org), encourages all District 5020 clubs to create programs for supporting literacy. This year’s EARLY DEADLINE for the esteemed District 5020 Literacy Award is only eight weeks away:
Deadline: April 15, 2017
For more information and ideas for literacy projects, see the District website's Literacy page: [Here]
Download the Literacy Award Application form (PDF): [Here].
Criteria for Club Application:
- Club must complete at least five literacy projects.
- Projects that are the same but in different locations (e.g. books to schools)
- count as only one project.
- Check out the list of suggested activities on the other side of this brochure.