District Leadership

2022-2023 District Governor 'Buchi Anikpezie

Rotarian Nnabuchi ('Buchi) Anikpezie has been part of the Rotary family for about twenty-one years. 'Buchi spent the first ten years as part of Rotaract, serving in different capacities including Club Secretary, Club President, Secretary District Conference Planning Committee, District Director of Media and Publicity, and District Rotaract Representative for 2008-2009.

He joined Rotary eClub One in December 2009 and has served as the Club's Programs Committee Chair, Website Committee Chair, Director of Club Administration, Rotary Foundation Chair, and Club President from 2016-2018. Rotary eClub One received the Presidential citation and a District Award for membership growth during his time Club President. 'Buchi has served on the District Membership Committee, Public Image Committee, and is currently the Chair for the District Grants Subcommittee. He is a multiple Paul Harris Fellow and a member of the Paul Harris Society. 'Buchi's preferred avenue of Rotary service is club administration/club service.

Outside of Rotary, 'Buchi has served in leadership positions in other organizations including AcademyHealth, Critical Peers, Union of Campus Journalists, University of Minnesota Student Health Advisory Committee, University of Minnesota Student Health Benefit Plan Consultative Committee, and University of Minnesota Trans-Inclusive Student Benefits Workgroup.

'Buchi has a medical degree from the University of Ibadan and a public health master's degree from the University of Minnesota. He started his professional life as a physician and worked in primary care before transitioning to population health management. He is currently a healthcare analytics project manager with the UT Physicians' Healthcare Transformation Initiatives department.

'Buchi is married to Chika, and they have three children: Chinedum, Adannia, and Nnabuchi II.