WHAT IS RYLA?
Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) is an intensive training program that brings together youth and young adults, to further develop character and leadership skills and learn about Rotary
Participants are nominated by local Rotary clubs, which often cover all expenses. For these young adults, this recognition offers the opportunity to build self-confidence, gain exposure to a variety of issues and people, meet active community leaders, and learn valuable information and career skills.
RYLA gives Rotarians the opportunity to mentor promising young leaders serving their own communities and beyond. Rotarians serve as resources for participants on the path to becoming professional and community leaders. In turn, RYLA can bring new energy to a Rotary district, inspire ideas for service and increase support of community service projects.
- Provide an effective training experience for selected young leaders;
- Encourage leadership of youth by youth;
- Publicly recognize young people who are rendering service to their communities;
- Demonstrate Rotary's respect and concern for youth.;
- Create an encouraging, fun and supportive community of young leaders
- Enables every Rotary Club to acknowledge service to the community of two or more young people annually;
- Enthuses young leaders and provides them with enhanced leadership techniques;
- Exposes a large number of young people, their families and their peer groups, to Rotary ideals of Service;
- Is a complimentary program to other Rotary activities for New Generations and has been instrumental in the formation of Rotaract clubs;
- Leaders gain lasting friendships and memorable life-changing experiences
LOCATION AND DATES
Ecology Retreat Centre Hockley Road, R.R. #1 Orangeville, ON L9W 2Y8 www.ecologyretreatcentre.com
This is a week-long annual event that takes places in late April/ early May 2017.
PARTICIPANTS ARE SAYING
Take a sneak peak at the 2016 RYLA program and participant testimonials:
"From the first day we all clicked!! I loved RYLA, not only because it enhanced key skills but also because it enhanced ourselves. I guarantee if you come, you'll love it because its amazing" Sanjay Ghaness- Sheridan College, 2016 RYLArian
"In the mindset at RYLA is very different to other leadership camps; there's a sincere openess that literally made us feel like family after only two days! It's been such an amazing experince and I'm very grateful to have been a part of it" Akita Cachia' Costa- Sheridan college, 2016 RYLArian
The 2017 RYLA cycle is accepting applications!
Dates for RYLA 2017: April 30 – May 5, 2017
Contact your local Rotary Club to check if they will sponsor your attendance.
Complete the registration form and email it your Rotary Club’s New Generations Director
Application Deadline (to your Rotary Club sponsor): March 15, 2017
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
RYLA Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org