Recently, the Rotary Clubs of Palgrave & Etobicoke partnered together to collect hockey equipment to send to remote FN communities in northern Ontario. Over 18 tonnes of equipment were donated, enough equipment to support hockey in 6 First Nation communities. Check out this news clip from CBC about the delivery to one of the FN communities, Sandy Lake. CBCMorningLive - Sandy Lake FN
The We Matter Campaign - suicide rates for Indigenous youth are several times higher than for other Canadians, as well as instances of abuse, addiction, violence and many other issues. The mandate of the We Matter Campaign is to communicate to Indigenous youth that their lives matter, and to provide resources to encourage and support those in crisis while fostering unity and resiliency. Learn more at https://wemattercampaign.org/.
- Wish to enlarge their knowledge about indigenous traditions, culture and protocol; and
- Seek the opportunity to collaborate with indigenous groups.
- Providing you with the schedule for upcoming CIRCLE meetings and information sessions
- Putting you in touch with Aboriginal committee members at other 7080 clubs
- Providing you with information about current and planned Aboriginal projects, as well as projects that have been completed
- Connecting you to Indigenous resource groups
- Helping you find speakers
- Presenting at one of your Club meetings