Vocational Training Teams are the evolution of the former Group Study Exchange (GSE) program and offer participants the opportunity to use their vocational skills to share best practices, help others, and improve the quality of life.

March 14, 2017

Dear Fellow Rotarians,

I am pleased to announce that Christine Keenan, a member and Past President of the Rotary Club of Fenelon Falls, was chosen as the Team Leader of the Educational Vocational Training Team (VTT) leaving for Cambodia in late April.

The team is a partnership between District 7010, the B.E.L. Rotary Club and the Educational Faculty of Trent University. The team will be working with teachers and students at the Rotary school and a school run by the Banyon Learning Tree. They will be in Cambodia for three weeks.

Starting on April 28th, you can follow the team by joining the B.E.L. Rotary Club's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/belrotaryclub

Yours In Rotary,

District Governor Margaret Walton

January 25, 2017

Dear Fellow Rotarians --

District 7010 is organizing a Pilot Project partnership with the Educational Faculty of Trent University, Peterborough.  We are looking for a Rotarian in good standing to lead a Vocational Training Team (VTT) to Cambodia in April 2017 to help with teacher training. The Team Leader must have teaching experience.

Trent University has selected a team of four Teacher Education students, who will be graduating this year to go to the Rotary School in Svay Rieng and a Banyan Learning Tree School in Takeo. The students will work in pairs and alternate between the two facilities. Trent University will be sending a faculty member to monitor and assist the students. The Rotary Team Leader will assist the students and work with the faculty member. The team leader will also coordinate ground transportation and the group’s accommodation. The team will depart Canada on April 25th and will be on site for three weeks, returning to Canada May 20th. The successful candidate must travel to Cambodia with the team but has the option of staying longer once the team has completed its mandate.  Airfare, accommodation and ground costs will be covered by District 7010 for the duration of the VTT mandate.

The Bridgenorth-Ennismore-Lakefield Rotary Club (BEL Rotary Club) is the lead club and will work with the team leader prior to the team’s departure.

The Team Leader will be selected through an interview process that will be held Saturday March 11, 2017.  Applications should be sent electronically to PDG Brian Menton, Chair of the District 7010 VTT Committee by February 24, 2017 to bvmenton@gmail.com

As this VTT is a Pilot Project, the successful candidate must be willing to work with the VTT Committee on how to improve the process. The candidate must be able to meet with the team prior to departure and do presentations to clubs when they return.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Yours In Rotary,

PDG Brian Menton
District 7010 VTT Chair