Interact President-Elect Training Seminar (PETS)
District 5890 President-Elect Training Seminar (P.E.T.S) for 2017-2018 Interact Club Presidents
This annual District 5890 training event for our newly elected Interact presidents helps boost the leadership skills and helps them prepare in advance for a successful 2017-2018 school year. If the president-elect and vice-president are unable to attend, one of the other 2017-2018 officers can attend as a substitute.
Who's Invited?: Incoming Interact Presidents and Vice Presidents for next school year (if they can't attend, please send a substitute officer), Interact Faculty Advisers, Rotary Advisers, Parents, Rotaractors, Rotarians and Rotary club President-Elects are invited to attend this FREE event, but we ask that they RSVP.
What will they learn? Their job responsibilities, role of the other club officers...how to plan their club's calendar...how to plan successful meetings...service project ideas...implementing Rotary International's Interact Club Standard Constitution and Interact Club Standard Bylaws...understanding the role of their sponsoring Rotary club...Social Media...plus lots more in addition to meeting the other 80+ Interact club president-elects.
FREE event for Interact Faculty Advisers, Rotary Sponsors, AND Parents...but please notify me that you are attending by sending an email to: Tommie5890@suddenlink.net or Text to 713-598-7129.
Event: 2017-2018 Interact President-Elect Training Seminar (P.E.T.S.)
Date: Saturday, May 13, 2017
Location: Episcopal High School Interact Club at 4650 Bissonnet, Bellaire, TX 77401. The school is 2.5 miles south of the Galleria mall at 4650 Bissonnet Street in Bellaire on the corner of Bissonnet St and the 610 West Loop feeder road. From the Loop 610 feeder road, Enter GATE #6 (on the Loop 610 feeder road between Bissonnet Street and Fournace Place)...Park in the Parking Garage...and follow the signs to the "Underwood Student Center" (cafeteria). Click here for a MAP.
Time: Registration begins at 9:00 a.m. (kolaches and juice served) - Seminar begins at 9:30 a.m. and ends at 1:30 p.m. We'll provide FREE breakfast kolaches, lunch and beverage!
RSVP: By Friday, May 5th (Please let me know you are attending so food can be ordered, and handbooks can be printed)
Info needed by noon on Tuesday, May 5th: Since we need to order food for breakfast and lunch, prepare handbooks, make name badges, etc.,...please confirm the following by May 5th:
1. Name and email address of the Interact officer(s) attending so I can send them a map of the school, where to park, and how to find the cafeteria.
2. We would love for Interact Teacher Advisers, Rotary Advisers to attend - all you need to do is RSVP.
If you are driving south on 610 West Loop South (driving south from the Galleria area):
1. Exit Bissonnet Street, take the U-Turn under 610 West Loop South. From the right lane of the feeder road, make a right into "Gate 6" of the Episcopal High School parking lot.
2. Park in the Parking Garage & follow the signs to the "Underwood Student Center" where the cafeteria is located.
If you are driving north on 610 West Loop (towards the Galleria):
1. Take the "Bissonnet Street" exit.
2. Stay on the feeder road.
3. Just past the traffic light at Bissonnet Street, from right lane of the feeder road make a right into "Gate 6" of the Episcopal High School parking lot.
4. Park in the Parking Garage & follow the signs to the "Underwood Student Center" where the cafeteria is located.
Questions? Please contact Tommie Buscemi via cell at 713-598-7129.