Club Compliance for Youth Exchange Program

Subpages
Related Pages
Links
Files
Photo Albums

With September being “New Generations” month, I thought this would be a perfect time to give a quick update on out Study Abroad Scholarship Program as you promote youth activities. I am passionate about all the New Generations programs and as Past RI President Luis Vicente Giay said in 1996 “Our vision for the future, now more than ever, is the difference between success and failure.  The New Generations are our investment in the future.  Let us begin to build that future today.”

Rotary Youth Exchange is Rotary’s exchange program for youth and young adults.  It allows students to spend up to a year living in a different country and learning a new culture. Students ages 15-18 can participate. These students serve as ambassadors for District 5390 and the USA.

Our District will start accepting long-term applications for the Study Abroad Scholarship program with applications due to the local club by Sept 15th. We will not be doing any short-term exchanges during this time.  The applications are due to the District Chair by October 15th (no exceptions).

Each student selected by your club must be available for a face-to-face interview by the District YE committee on October 18, 2017.  These District interviews will be the 2nd phase of the selection process and will also include an interview of their parents as well.

In order to sponsor a youth exchange student your club must be….

Risk management certified
                Have a youth exchange committee
                Secure 2-3 host families that pass a background check
                Secure a spot at your local high school
                Have approx $2500.00 in your budget to also host a student
.

Your Youth Exchange Committee should include……..

Outbound Coordinator
                Inbound Coordinator
                Host Family Coordinator
                Club counselor/school liaison
                Public relations coordinator/Recruitment
                Youth Protection Officer