Rotary Day of Service
Apr 22, 2017 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Earth Day, Saturday, April, 22 2017 from 9:00am-12:00pm
Location: Bond Park on Los Feliz River: 3222 Los Feliz Blvd, Los Angeles 90039. Map here: https://folar.org/
Group sign ups available now at https://folar.org/cleanup/
- your own special work gloves (FOLAR will provide if you don’t have)
- if you plan to go in the shallow areas of river (not necessary!!), perhaps old tennis shoes or galoshes/rain boots
- water bottle to refill for hydration (not from the river!)
1) Appoint a club leader and sign up your group of 10 or more (not individual names) at the link above. Reference your club name (Rotary Club of __city__) where it asks for "Group or Organization Name.” Remember this can include your friends and family, not just your club members. And don’t forget to let your Rotaract and Interact Clubs know. This will be sent to their leadership as well.
2) Then send individual names to firstname.lastname@example.org for follow up with your clubs from Rotary's end…your club leader is still the main contact.
3) Looking for leaders the day of to help with check in and t-shirt distribution, etc…. if you or anyone in your club can give an extra hour of your time, it would be greatly appreciated. Please let Kelly Bevan Spirer know!!!
In brief: Trash in the river impacts our whole district, and although each year the clean up doubles the amount of volunteers at their sites, so too does the trash. Last year 9000 volunteers at 15 sites collected 70 tons of trash. With our help, they are expecting at least 10,000 volunteers this year and a cleaner river.
Also, this is a great way of doing something good for our communities, our environment and our clubs. We will be working side by side with non-Rotarians – you know what that means – a great opportunity! Maybe you will meet your next club member there!