About Our Club
Subpages
Related Pages
Links
Files
Photo Albums

image

The Burnsville Rotary Club, chartered in 1976, consists of nearly 60 active members who graciously serve the City of Burnsville. The Club has a rich diversity of professionals from every industry and retirees who focus their efforts on a wide range of community and international service projects. From serving lunch to the youth at Kids of Summer, to collecting gifts for families in need during the holidays, the club is very active in its humanitarian efforts. The Burnsville Rotary Club is known for its warm and inviting culture and its commitment to community service.

COMMUNITY SERVICE

Burnsville Rotary has been a charitable force in our community for decades - it's a role we take seriously. This fiscal year, we have committed donations to to the following local non-profit groups:

Burnsville Community Foundation     
Bundles of Love   
360 Communities:
   * Armful of Love program
   * My Burnsville Initiative
   * general assistance
Fairview Foundation 
DARTS              
Kids n' Kinship  
Friends of the Burnsville PAC  
Kids of Summer picnic     
Lifeworks  
M.O.M.s      
Meals on Wheels          
Special Olympics of MN
Minnesota River Wildlife Refuge Center   
Boy Scouts of America - Northern Lights Council
Burnsville Skate Park Fund Tee it up for the Troops    
YMCA (Burnsville)  
Dakota Valley Symphony   

Jeff Hanging Flags

VOCATIONAL SERVICE

The Vocational Service Committee develops projects that help members contribute their vocational talents. In Burnsville, we do this by focusing on youth and encouraging them to explore their own vocational paths and expand their community.

We regularly donate $1,000 scholarships to graduating seniors at Burnsville High School and Cedar Alternative Learning Center. Every year, we send students to Rotary-sponsored camps like RYLA and Camp Enterprise. Our club annually hosts a day-long workshop to teach high school students about business and personal ethics. We also support programs at individual schools within our district, such as Brainpower in a Backpack (which helps feed hungry kids over the weekend) and Giving Students Roots and Wings at Sky Oaks Elementary.

Image

INTERNATIONAL SERVICE

Burnsville Rotary not only supports our community, but also communities around the world. Through matching grants from Rotary International, in recent past we have dedicated $30,000 to international charity projects, including:

• libraries in Cameroon, Honduras, Tanzania and the Dominican Republic;

• safe water for families in the Philippines; and

• polio eradication.

Image