International Service Projects
Service to International programs offers a broad range of humanitarian, intercultural, and educational programs and opportunities designed to improve the human condition and advance Rotary's ultimate goal of world understanding and peace. Structured Rotary International programs and service opportunities help clubs achieve their service goals in their own communities and in communities abroad, fostering fellowship and goodwill in the process.
Urban Spirits International Service Mission Statement:
Our mission is to involve the club in international projects that will achieve the following:
- Assist through partnerships to accomplish goals that endeavour to better the lives of youth who need our help in impoverished countries.
- Dedicate ourselves to service that is within our fiscal and human resource means.
- Establish our club as a serious entity that is willing to contribute both dollar and sweat equity.
- Learn from our efforts to refine our process for the future of our club.
We will ensure that our activities meet the Rotary 4 Way Test...and we promise to represent the Urban Spirits proudly and professionally in all activities we undertake in this mission.
International Project Selection Criteria:
The International Service Projects are chosen based on the criteria set out by the Urban Spirits Rotary Club in it's inaugural year. Said criteria is the following:
- The project aids youth at risk.
- Successful completion of the goals of the partner organization would be jeopardized without our club's assistance.
- The project focuses on assisting those in need in impoverished countries.
- The club can realistically commit the time required.
- The club can realistically commit the money required.
- The project is satisfying and rewarding to our club members.
- The project provides recognition for the club in order to build our credibility and profile.
The criteria are ranked by priority and the majority must be met for project approval.