Youth Service recognizes the importance of empowering youth and young professionals through leadership development programs such as RotaractInteractRotary Youth Leadership Awards, and Rotary Youth Exchange.  Projects we are supporting are shown below.  For further details, contact Jim Prokhovnik  To view Youth/ Vocational 2017/18 report, 

Project
Description
Awards for Excellence - 
Albert Park, Middle Park & Port Melbourne Primary Schools
We make a number of Award for Excellence presentations to Year 6 graduating students. Recipients are selected by their teachers on the basis that they have engaged constructively in school learning and other activities; and that they will be commencing Year 7 at a government secondary school the following year. The award is to assist in meeting some of the expenses associated with commencing secondary school. We provide $1200 to each of the schools - the schools give either 3 awards of $400 or 4 awards of $300.
Inspire Award -
Albert Park College

This award of $250 is presented to a Year 12 student at the APC Graduation ceremony. It is given to a student who has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to, and care for, others in the local or global community.
School Camp Assistance -
Port Melbourne Primary School

Sponsored $2,531 to ensure 10 children from disadvantaged backgrounds do not miss experiencing their school camp
F1 in Schools Competition -
Troop Athena - Albert Park College

Sponsored $1,000 for the World-wide STEM competition
(STEM = Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
Interact -
Albert Park College
Interact is RI’s service Club for young people aged 12 to 18. 
Emerald Hill Mission

A grant of $4,000 was given to the Emerald Hill Mission to be used by them to sponsor one high school student to continue at school for a period of 3 years
Galilee Catholic School

A grant of $1,500 was made to the Galilee Catholic School in Albert Park to send a needy child to a school excursion 
ROMAC
(Rotary Oceania Medical Aid for Children)
ROMAC provides surgical treatment for children in Australia and New Zealand from developing countries from our Pacific Region in the form of Life Giving and/or dignity restoring surgery not accessible to them in their home country.  This year we donated $5,000.

For further information, go to https://www.romac.org.au/
RYPEN
(Rotary Youth Program of EnRichment)
A weekend camp for year 9 - 11 students (15 to 17 age group). It is designed to develop students' potential through a mixture of lecture style and adventure-based learning. (3 students), costing $1,155
RYLA
(Rotary Youth Leadership Award)
Donated $810 for a week-long residential youth development program for young people aged 18 - 25 which focuses on self, leadership, and community.  
Youth Exchange Program

RCAP sponsored Sienna Withington who spent 12 months in France - she came and spoke to us recently about her incredible, life-changing experience - thanks to Rotary
Camp Getaway

Camp Getaway caters for those of all abilities and mobility, provides a meeting place for support groups, and offers those who need it most a sanctuary away from their daily struggles, costing $400.

For further information, go to http://www.campgetaway.com.au/
St Kilda PCYC
St Kilda PCYC (Police and Citizen’s Youth Club) is a not-for-profit organisation that has been delivering Youth Programs in Melbourne that mentor and engage youth of all ages and backgrounds with recreational activities. Their ultimate goal is to provide support and training to develop future leaders with programs that empower youth for life.  This year, we donated $4,000.

For further information, go to https://stkildapcyc.org/
MUNA
(Model United Nations Assembly)
This international youth program simulates the workings of the United Nations Assembly by having two senior students from a number of schools represent a particular UN country. The students debate on matters of world political and social concern.
BOLT Program

The BOLT (bicycles over lunch time) program supports boys aged 9-12 years who are at risk of disengaging, by providing positive adult role models through a practical hands on program revolving around bikes.  It also includes lunch and weekly discussions regarding topics that relate directly to these young boys such as communication, resilience, leadership etc