* Tuesday, Mar. 21st
(6pm-7:30) - Club Meeting with Speaker John Long, Executive Director of Bike Houston
-His primary goal is to support the full implementation of the Houston Bike Plan over the next 10 years — and by doing so, contribute, along with so many other Houstonians working in government agencies, the business sector, and non-profit organizations, to re-imagining the urban experience in H-town. Prior to joining BikeHouston, John served for twenty-one years as the Head of School (Executive Director) of a non-profit private school in Houston. He holds an M.Ed. from Cleveland State University and a B.A. in English from Yale University.
* Tuesday, March 28th (6pm-9pm) - Club Social: Painting, Bites & Wine at With Artist Hanh Tran (3701 W. Alabama, Studio #356, Houston 77027)
- $65 per person, which includes art supplies, bites, wine/bubbly, and lessons from Hanh
- Pay Hanh directly (send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or text 832-282-9275 to RSVP & get invoice)
- Hanh's involvement with Rotary Skyline goes waaaaaay back! Hanh has been volunteering and painting with the kids at Brookline Elementary every other Monday since Hanh joined us for Step Forward Day last Fall. They do not have an art program or art supplies, so she does what she can when she can. This painting social will help Hanh continue to support her time and art supplies to the kids at Brookline Elementary. Hanh has already reached out to her clients and friends to help donate funds to help cause. Most days, Hanh just donates the funds herself and goes to paint with the kids. Hanh has noticed a major progress in their art skills and positive interactions with one another. It is so important to provide kids a creative outlet so that they can have a well-rounded life balance!!!
* Tuesday, April 4th
(6pm-7:30) - Club Meeting with Speaker Sean Lindley
--- After leading an adventurous early life of military combat, climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, and talking his way across rebel lines in Iraq and Democratic Republic of Congo as a tourist, he is now CEO of an outfit in Spring, TX, called Texas Machine Gun & Ordnance where he tests, manufactures, imports, and deals firearms and explosives (all legally of course!). If you google him, you'll find an episode of Vice where he was featured.
* Tuesday, April 11 (6pm-7:30) - Club Meeting with Speaker Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner
* Tuesday, April 25 (6pm-7:30) - Club Social with Speaker Andra Watkins, New York Times best selling author discussing “I Walked 444 Miles to Make a Memory.”
* Tuesday, May 2nd (6pm-7:30) - Club Meeting with Speaker Judge Kristen Hawkins, 11th District Court of Harris County
* Saturday, May 6nd - Club Social - Crawfish Boil & Polio Fundraiser at Meghan & Ken Lutschg's Tiki Island Paradise
* Tuesday, May 9th
(6pm-7:30) - Club Meeting with Speaker Rania Mankarious, Executive Director of Crime Stoppers
* Saturday, May 13th - Club Fundraiser: 2nd Annual Skyline Super Saturday @ West Alabama Ice House
- a night of very fun games!
* Tuesday, May 16th (6pm-7:30) - Club Meeting with Speaker Harris County Judge Ed Emmett
* Tuesday, June 6th (6pm-7:30) - Club Meeting with Speaker Olympic Gold Medalist Chad Hedrick
- Hedrick brought home the first gold medal for Team USA in the 5000 meter at 2006 Winter Olympics, was overall World Champion 9 straight years, set 6 world records, won 5 different Winter Olympic medals in 5 different distances, and became the first man in history to ever skate 10,000 meters in under 13 minutes.
- Chad’s motivational story goes to the height of athletic fame, winning an Olympic gold medal, to the depression of realizing his life lacked real purpose. Just like Chad did, we often live our lives focused on performance, chasing after fulfillment in the wrong places - like fame and fortune. You have a deeper purpose, with much greater fulfillment. His speech is designed to help you discover what that purpose is and to pursue it passionately.
* Saturday, August 26th - DISTRICT 5890 SOCIAL at Houston Dynamo Soccer Game
- Rotary Skyline is once again hosting the pre-game party for 150-200 Rotarians attending the game
- Party starts at 6:30, game starts at 8pm.
* Tuesday, TO BE RESCHEDULED (6pm-7:30) - Club Meeting with Speaker Isis Mejias Carpio, Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar to University of São Paulo