Welcome to Needham! We are a great group of 30 members strong and growing. Men and Women, young and old – we meet for lunch every Tuesday. Our projects focus on giving back to both our community here and beyond.
JOIN US FOR LUNCH!
Needham Sheraton: 100 Cabot Street
With interesting speakers and an energized group
every week, you will come away inspired.
- Our District conference is coming up next weekend in Providence.
- Neponset Valley rotary is hosting a recycling event on April 29;
- Needham Rotary Arbor Day celebration in the elementary schools May 1-5.
- Wellesley Rotary is sponsoring a ‘dine around Wellesley’ event at Elm Bank on May 4th.
- Charles River ‘Gala Event is upcoming on May 5th. See Louise.
- On May 13 we will be working with Needham Community Farm in repairing their beds. Remember to wear mud boots and bring tools.
- Reality Fair will be held on May 22 at Needham High School from 8:30-12:00. Rich needs members to help at the tables.
- The Exchange Club is sponsoring a golf tournament at the Marlboro Country Club to benefit the Charles River Center on May 22. Rich, Marty and Bill will play. They will ask Ryan to be fourth. Players will pay their own $195 fee.
- We will have a booth at the NBA Street Fair on Saturday, June 3 from 10:00-3:00. We will sell raffle tickets at the booth.
- Karen is working with Gloria Greis of the Needham Historical Society on a history of Needham Rotary. Get any materials to Karen to be included in the display.
- Newton Rotary is still looking for local families to host a scholar from Rome for a year in this country.
- . We will have a booth at the NBA Street Fair on Saturday, June 3 from 10:00-3:00. We will sell raffle tickets at the booth.
- Needham Rotary will be sponsoring a CARNIVAL in the Needham High School upper parking lot the weekend of July 7-9. We will need 2 people to man 2 booths for 2 hour shifts all weekend. Charles will arrange schedule. Bill is doing the publicity with Chuck. Chuck has designed banners to be hung on Chapel St in June and July. Brad will speak with Channel 5. All hands on deck!
- We will be selling Raffle tickets there at that time as well.
- Bill Paulson has arranged for banners on Chapel Street for June and July. Thanks Bill!!