Welcome to Needham! We are a great group of 30 members strong and growing. Men and Women, young and old – we meet for lunch every Tuesday. Our projects focus on giving back to both our community here and beyond.
JOIN US FOR LUNCH!
Needham Sheraton: 100 Cabot Street
With interesting speakers and an energized group
every week, you will come away inspired.
- Next Board of Directors meeting is Nov 2, 5pm at Ryan’s office. All are welcome, but you have to be on the board to vote
- Monday was World Polio Day. There is a Rotary district in India that is doing a big immunization push. There was a flyer going around at the meeting. Contact Ted if you are interested in travelling to India
- Ted encouraged us to DONATE NOW to the Polio effort on the Rotary website. It’s never a bad time to donate to the Rotary Foundation
- Jan 31st will be our food packing project with the high school. We’ll be packing 10,000 meals.
- Stop by the Webster Street side of Needham High School to admire the 187 plants we planted on the hillside with help from the honors club and the principal of the high school, and the town of Needham. There are some trees that are still to be planted that will happen once the trees go dormant for the winter
- Ted mentioned that all the cool projects we’re doing this year are thanks to the President’s Circle. It’s not too late to join. Contact Ted for details.
- Pancake Breakfast is 11/5. SELL TICKETS. Set up is 4pm-6pm on Friday 11/4 and 6am on Sat 11/5. The breakfast itself goes from 7 to 11am
- Thanks to everyone who put out lawn signs for the pancake breakfast (and thanks to Erica for coordinating it so effectively!). Remember that if you put them out you’ll have to pick them up on Saturday 11/5
- Dec 13 NO NOON MEETING. We will be partying (I mean having our holiday gathering) at Erica’s house that evening instead.
- Dec 20 Holiday treat of vocal stylings / sing-along with Bob Cocks and happy dollars to Needham Sheraton Wait Staff
- Dec 27 NO MEETING
- Karen let us know that that Gloria at the Needham Historical Society is doing a program on Rotary. If you have any historical Rotary items please get them to Karen
- Erica gave a plug for the Needham Craft Fair. It’s the major fundraiser for the Needham High School PTC. And one place we heard about this week that is good for last minute gifts
- Amanda Glidwell, Briarwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation
- John Fogarty, President and CEO of BID Needham
- Michael Raciti, Marketing Specialist at BID Needham