About Our Club

image

The Rotary Club of Braselton was chartered on July 1, 2003. PDG J. V. Vlass was the District Governor's repesentative in the initial organizing of the club for the district. The Rotary Club of Jefferson was our sponsoring club to Rotary International. The Past Presidents of the Club are

Rick Stewart, 2003;

Michael Dominy, 2003-2004;

William "Bill" Caiaccio, 2004-2005;

Martha Martin, 2005-2006;

Steve Clark, 2006-2007;

Kim Phillips, 2007-2008;

Tony Funari, 2008-2009; 

Julia Adamson 2009-2010;  

Mike Day 2010-2011;

Craig Heighton 2011-2012;

Jim Joedecke 2012-2013;

David Guccio, 2013-2014;

Howard Hardaway 2014-2015;

J Leigh Carroll, 2015-2016;

Chad Bingham, 2016-2017;

Nathaniel Langley, 2017-2018;

Karen Bridgeman, 2018-2019:

Sam Wilson, 2019-2020;

Hardy Johnson, 2020-2021,

Charm McCall, 2021-2022

Ed Walls, 2022-2023

David Dyer, 2023-2024

Chuck Clausen of the Rotary Club of Gainesville was an early frequent visitor and was an honorary member of the club.

The primary fundraiser to support our charitable projects is the Annual Charity Golf Tournament. We annually meet our goal of not less than $20,000 for the charities we support.  The club did not have a golf tournament in 2011.  In 2012 The Rotary Club of South Hall County and The Rotary Club of Braselton jointly sponsored a Charity Golf Tournament at the Legends and divided over $26,700 for our charities.

Since 2004 the club has held a raffle in November which has netted almost $20,000 each year to support a Childrens Christmas Party for approximately 75 children each year. The club host a dinner party for the children attended by magicians, face painters and of course Santa. We give the family wrapped Christmas presents for each of the children plus gift certificates at a local grocery store.

In 2009, the club held the inaugural 5K Run the Vinyard road race which has continued as a fund raiser and community service project.

In 2011 the Rotary Club of Braselton sponsored the inaugural Braselton Hoschton Relay for Life and continued to sponsor the American Cancer Society event.

PRESS RELEASE FOR 2012 RUN THE VINEYARD

The Rotary Club of Braselton is known for philanthropic contributions, and the club is gearing up for a fundraiser this weekend that will be further charitable efforts.

The Run the Vineyard race is Aug. 18, and President Jim Joedecke said he is excited about the opportunity to give back to the community. The club has set certain expectations with big numbers, and is working hard to ensure it happens.

“As a club, the race and other fundraisers throughout the year allow us to support several worthy causes. This year, our club expects to raise and give over $50,000 to several deserving local organizations, and through community service projects and scholarships,” said Joedecke.

“One such deserving organization that we have supported for several years is the Jackson County Boys & Girls Club,” said Joedecke. “We are excited that a number of the children served by the Jackson County Boys & Girls Club will help us out along the race route.

“We will also have a check presentation to the Jackson County Boys & Girls Club at the end of the race, which is the first of several check presentations we will make this year to deserving local organizations,” Joedecke said.

In economic hard times, many have been forced to reduce their giving, but fortunately Rotarians have continued to enjoy support from the community. Joedecke said he is hopeful the Run the Vineyard race will draw plenty of attention. Online signups for the race are promising and race-day registration welcomes in more runners.

“Additionally, this year for the first time, we have agreed to make a $500 donation to the high school cross country team's booster club that brings the most runners to the run,” said Joedecke.

“As a club, we are definitely excited that Run the Vineyard is in its fourth year and has grown each year. We appreciate everyone who participates, as we would not be able to fund the worthy causes we do without them,” Joedecke stated.

The Rotary Club partners with two other Rotary Clubs in support of the Georgia Rotary Student Program which brings students from other countries to spend a year at a Georgia college or university. The aim is to build a better understanding of the United States by involving foreign students in an educational and cultural experience. Howard Hardaway of State Farm and his family are the host family for Danae Cooney, a student from Hamilton, New Zealand, who will be attending Truett-McConnell College. She recently arrived in the United States and Hardaway introduced her to fellow Rotarians at the Aug. 8 meeting.

The club also sponsors the Interact Club at Mill Creek High School.

“The 5K race itself has grown each year, with more and more runners and sponsors. This fundraiser, along with our golf fundraiser, enables our club to support a number of scholarships, service projects and great causes,” said Joedecke. “For several years now, we have supported a literacy program through the Braselton Library.”

In the season of giving, the Rotary Club of Braselton extends efforts to ensure that area children enjoy some holiday cheer. The club conducts a reverse raffle which raises money for gifts and a holiday party for an estimated 100 area children identified through Jackson County Family Connection.

“For several years now, we have provided Christmas gifts and food to over 100 needy children that otherwise would not have received gifts at Christmas,”Joedecke said.

“For several years, we have supported the Gwinnett Children's Shelter and Gwinnett Foster Children Foundation,” said Joedecke.