UA Student Representative to the Board of Regents
Feb 06, 2020
Anthony Rusk

Student Regent Anthony Rusk was appointed to the Arizona Board of Regents for a two-year term by Govenor Doug Ducey and began his term July 1, 2019. He is a member of the Audit Committee and Research and Health Sciences Committee. Regent Rusk is a Junior at the University of Arizona who is studying Politics, Philosophy, Economics and Law, as well as minors in neuroscience, biochemistry, and psychology.

Regent Rusk’s experience includes serving as policy director and Freshmen Class Council president for the Associated Students of the University of Arizona. As policy director, he worked on projects involving general education reform, Title IX awareness and civic engagement. While serving as assistant district governor for Interact, a club that connects students to service opportunities in their community, he created a statewide food drive. He has served on the UA Faculty Senate and University Wide General Education Committee as well as the faculty governance Committee of 11 at the university.

Anthony Rusk will be speaking about the work done by the Arizona Board of Regents and what role the Student Regent plays on the board itself. Furthermore, he will be speaking about some of the conversations currently happening on the board, including financial aid, academic affairs, and the current student regent focus: basic needs of students on campus.