Tarrant County College Northeast Update
Jun 20, 2018
Dr. Allen Goben
Tarrant County College Northeast Update

Dr. Allen Goben is entering his eleventh year at the presidential level and fourth year as President of Tarrant County College Northeast Campus.  In 2009, he was honored as a Distinguished Graduate at The University of Texas at Austin Community College Leadership Program. Allen was named to the 21st Century Commission on the Future of Community Colleges in 2011 by the American Association of Community Colleges.  Dr. Goben also served as President of Hazard Community and Technical College (HCTC) in Kentucky where his team achieved a 24% improvement in student success in three years. HCTC was also honored as a one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky and was on the Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" list.

Allen has devoted thirty years to collaborative leadership and learning excellence as a faculty member, coach, college recruiter, counselor, and administrator.  He has led student services operations as a Counselor for Advanced Technologies, and his classroom teaching experience includes transformational leadership in community college at the doctoral level and history, geography, social studies, communications, and human relations at the high school and college level.  A first generation college student who began his post-secondary educational journey at Indian Hills Community College in Iowa, Allen eventually completed a bachelor's degree in History from Iowa State University, a master's degree in School Counseling from Drake University, and a doctoral degree in Educational Administration from The University of Texas at Austin, Community College Leadership Program in 2003.