The Rotary Club of Beverly Hills contains a diverse group of professional leaders from the community, and these leaders take an active role in the community while greatly enriching their personal lives. Membership in the Rotary Club of Beverly Hills offers a number of benefits:
- Effecting change within the community.
- Developing leadership skills.
- Gaining an understanding of, and having an impact on, international humanitarian issues.
- Advancing business and professional networking.
The Object of Rotary
The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life;
- The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
What is Rotary?
Founded in 1905, Rotary is recognized as the world’s first volunteer service organization. We are a diverse global network of community, business, and professional leaders who address relevant social causes to change lives and build goodwill and peace at home and abroad. We focus our time, energy, and efforts on service projects encompassing:
- Peace and conflict prevention/resolution
- Disease prevention and treatment
- Water and Sanitation
- Maternal and Child Health
- Basic education and literacy
- Economic and community development.
There are now 1.2 million Rotarians in 34,000 clubs in over 200 countries worldwide.
The Rotary Club of Beverly Hills was established in 1924.
Avenues of Service
Rotary Clubs conduct their activities through Avenues of Service.
Vocational Service – We focus on projects that all Rotarians to promote vocational awareness and high ethical standards in business. Projects associated with vocational service include Career Day at Beverly Hills High School, Literacy projects at local libraries and businesses, Youth in Government Day, Awards for civic service achievements.
International – Our international projects focus on clean water, sanitation, literacy and disease prevention. Current international projects include water projects in Uganda, Myanmar and Cambodia, Schools in Uganda, Operation Smile worldwide, healthcare in Panama.