Judi Thode, Board Chair of Ancient Oaks Foundation
Friday's guest speaker will be Judi Thode, Board Chair of Ancient Oaks Foundation.
The Ancient Oaks Foundation is a charitable foundation dedicated to the preservation and restoration of the Lake Zurich area’s oak woodlands and natural areas. The goals of the foundation are:
- Restore and preserve natural areas by decreasing invasive species and reintroducing native vegetation.
- Educate residents and municipal staff in the care of natural areas.
- Encourage community involvement through volunteerism and AOF membership.
- Develop supportive funding for these activities from individuals, businesses and organizations.
- Assist in developing sustainable, long term plans for the care of natural areas.
She graduated from West Suburban Hospital School of Nursing in Oak Park and Elmhurst College and is a registered nurse. But her first love is nature, and she has volunteered with various local conservation groups over th years. She earned a certificate in Ecological Restoration from McHenry County Conservation District and established the Oak Ridge Marsh Conservation Group in 2007. She has also served on the Lake Zurich Parks and Recreation Advisory Board and the Tree Commission. She recently began taking hammered dulcimer lessons and is making slow but steady progress toward her Carnegie Hall debut.
You can learn more about Ancient Oaks Foundation and how you can become a volunteer at: http://www.ancientoaksfoundation.dreamhosters.com/get-involved/